free website stats program Security system causing problems? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security system causing problems?

Wow - Thanks for all the great ideas. It's very true that using a battery tender only masks the problem - and there is no doubt a problem.

I don't know why two dealerships didn't think of these things to try??

I'll try the maxi fuse idea and I'll run this by one of the dealers. The dealership I purchased the bike from won't be cooperative. He takes a very defensive attitude. He almost tossed my friend out the door when it was suggested that if the battery was unplugged from the bike and then tested, there might not be a draw, the battery wouldn't go dead, and that would eliminate the battery as the culprit.

I can also be sure I turn the handlebars to one side - that's an easy fix.

My 2005 HD Ultra Classic is drawing 5.5 milliamps when the bike is turned off. It seems like the radio draws 2-2.5 ma and the alarm draws about the same. Is this about a normal reading or is this high? I put in a new battery about 2 weeks ago. The battery went dead. So I checked the charging system. I get about 14.2-14.3 v with the bike running at 3500 rpms. Everything seems normal. Maybe I just got a bad battery. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, RB

5.5 MA is way good. No problem with that at all.
Anything up to even 25 MA would not be an issue.

What was your charging voltage at idle.

Back