free website stats program Security Key Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Key Light

I just jumped on the bike to take a ride. I was a few miles away from home and noticed that my :red key" light was on. I also noticed that my left turn siginals were not working bu the right were. Of course the owner manual only says if this light stays on for any period of time you should see ur dealer.
Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is on?

Electrical issue update

Just a update last weekend I posted looking for some assistance on a issue i was having ref no left side turn siginals. Well did the trouble shooting and pulled a B1123 code out. I listened to a friend who is supposed to be a Harley Certified mechanic who said its the turn siginal switch, so I got brave and pulled switch out a replaced. Wires are hot, so thats not it.
Pointing to TCM (turn siginal cancalation modulator) or bad ground. Either not to sure how to find. Any advice?

Re: Electrical issue update

not to sure how to find. Any advice?

A B1123 is left turn TSSM output is "shorted to ground". You can approach it in a couple of ways but the easiest way is to probably just check for anything that is shorted on the left side circuit such as one of the left side bulb sockets is shorted or corroded,,, water in a left side bulb socket,,,a left side bulb is internally shorted,,,maybe a wire under rear fender cut by tire rub etc etc.

The 1123 DTC code is actually saying that the TSSM detected too much current flow in the left side feed wire circuit going to the left side bulbs. I would just remove all left side bulbs and check for a short in the bulb itself or maybe a corroded socket.

Besides what Hoople posted, it could also be the wrong bulb in the socket or the right bulb installed improperly.

Security Key/Electrical Issue

Let me the first to say electrical issues area a pain (Edit). My great pain left side electrical issue with no blinker is intermittent now. One minute it works, turn the igintion switch off and on and bingo it works again. Checked everything on the left side of the bike as advised. Nothing at all. Kind of lost now. Anymore ideas?

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all the turn signals and wiring factory stock and just the way it came from the factory. No led kits, no rear turn signal converters, no added turn signals, no trailer kits, no fake load resistors etc. Was a quick check made for any possible rear tire rub on harness made.

Is your bike TSM, TSSM or HFSM

Back