free website stats program Security Key Icon light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Key Icon light

Friend has a 2010 FLHTP with no security and his stays on all the time the bike is on.Had that happen once with my 2010 RG w/security the left turn signal also stopped working,ended up being a bad ground.

My FLHP doesn't have security either. When I first bought it (used with 34K, 55,800 now), the light would periodically come on and go off. Now it's on all the time and never goes off. No codes, just a light that stays on. A couple of months ago, my ABS light came on and stayed on. Took it to the stealership to get checked. Said the ABS worked fine, but I had a short in the tach. Wasn't about to spend the $$$$ just to change that. When the tach quits, I'll fix it then. Tracy

A couple of months ago, my ABS light came on and stayed on. Took it to the stealership to get checked. Said the ABS worked fine, but I had a short in the tach. Wasn't about to spend the $$$$ just to change that. When the tach quits, I'll fix it then. Tracy

Find another dealer. The ABS light is lit for a reason.

A short in the tach would usually cause it not to work.

Find another dealer. The ABS light is lit for a reason.

A short in the tach would usually cause it not to work.

They said they had to call to get a clarification on the code they pulled and it was "service HQ's" that told them what it was. ABS works fine and has never malf'ed that I know of. Peddle pulses on strong application, and tire doesn't lock up/slide in the wet. I'll live with it for now. Hopefully it will work til I can trade up for a 12 RG Ultra.

They said they had to call to get a clarification on the code they pulled and it was "service HQ's" that told them what it was.

HD Net which is a site that only dealers can access will tell them anything they want to know.

Find another dealer that knows what they are doing.

Hmmmm. My key light stays on all the time too on my "03 Ultra.. I am thinking of doing what Iceman & BandT suggest and change the key FOB battery. I never considered that could be the cause. I am sure the battery is due for a change.
BTW, it runs fine with no apparent problems. I don't use the security system. I just lock it up. The security system does save me 10% on my insurance though.

My FLHP doesn't have security either. When I first bought it (used with 34K, 55,800 now), the light would periodically come on and go off. Now it's on all the time and never goes off. No codes, just a light that stays on. A couple of months ago, my ABS light came on and stayed on. Took it to the stealership to get checked. Said the ABS worked fine, but I had a short in the tach. Wasn't about to spend the $$$$ just to change that. When the tach quits, I'll fix it then. Tracy

Picked it up a little while ago from getting the exhaust leak fixed and the short in my horn fixed also: Exhaust gasket, flange nut, stud, and a clamp for the exhaust....horn relay was bad.

Other note is that the security key icon light is now off and (at least for the moment) working right.

Back