free website stats program Security Alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Alarm

Drew

So, my bike came stock with security, but I just got the siren installed. The service guy said once it is set off it will NOT stop until the FOB is brought within distance... is this correct? I mean, if someone sets it off in the middle of the night, then I need to go out there with the FoB to turn it off or it will just keep going for hours on end? That doesn't seem right. Usually those things go through a couple of cycles, and then stop automatically. I'm hoping this young man was mistaken. If he is correct, then it may not be worth the hassle of scaring people off.

Can anyone re-assure me on this? Oh, and I got some new grips, as well as a few shiny things (foot board, brake pedal, heel/toe shifter inserts) for the ride as well. :)

best
Drew

Nope, if memory serves me correctly, the alarm will stop after about 30 seconds, if you leave the bike alone. The sad news is unless you pick the bike up off the jiffy stand or turn on the ignition without the FOB, the alarm will not sound. Still, unless you live in a very bad neighborhood, I don't think you should worry. A thief isn't going to spend a lot of time removing stuff, with or without an alarm.

I would say go outside leave your FOB in the house and test it. Then you'll know what to expect.
:USA

Back