free website stats program Securing bike on lift | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Securing bike on lift

Another vote for no straps...J&S seems pretty stable, when positioned properly. Now watch me dump the bike on next lift...:(

I should have specified that I meant the hydraulic lift.

This part of your reply reminded me of the episode of Orange County Choppers where a customers bike fell off the lift not once but TWICE. Wish I could remember who the customer was.

I was sitting watching the show wondering what the customer was thinking seeing their theme bike fall off the lift two times.

I have never had a need to strap mine (on the Harbor Freight lift).

RWB, when I first purchased my Dyna I went out and purchased the Harbor Freight jack. Quickly found out the lifting points are really too narrow for the Dyna frame. One arm was right on the oil tank. Did you increase the width of the lifting arms of your jack to make it fit better on your Dyna.

There was a thread a while back about this modification of the HF jack for use with Dyna frames. There was also a mod about the release valve to make the jack come down slow. (reverse speed rates on lowering of jack). I was just wondering.

I supposed I haven't felt the pain of watching my baby fall off the lift yet so I take the easy path of least resistance. But if I watched it come crashing to the ground I would say "Oh, If I only had it strapped down this never would have happened!"
I swear, sometimes I need to learn the hard way! :p

"The best stories always result from the worst decisions." Do what you're comfortable doing - just be careful with your baby the higher she goes!

Back