free website stats program Seattle Area Ride for sunday? | Harley Davidson Forums

Seattle Area Ride for sunday?

since we have some awesome weather around the corner.. seein if anyone else in the sea area wants to meet up at alki beach and ride up north to conway where the annual oyster run is held this comin sunday? already have a few people goin so post of reply if ur down to ride!

Hey, right on.
I live in West Seattle, and frequently ride down through Alki.
However, I also have to work this weekend....SO, I'm glad someone will be able to get out and enjoy this sweet weather, I'll be stuck indoors staring at a computer monitor.
Ride safe, and watch out for the cops, they ticket you if they see you drive the strip twice.

Is there a time limit on how long it has to be before you can ride down the Alki strip before they give you a ticket? Is it up and back twice or do they ticket you on the second or third time in the same direction?

Wow, this is an old thread. Kinda weird to answer my own question here, but I found out the hard way.
I was riding last week at Alki and the weather was spectacular, so had lunch at Spuds on the beach and then proceeded to cruise the strip back and forth to see the sights and enjoy the weather a bit before my ride home.
Well, to make a long story short, you can only cruise down once and back once and then the local Nazi cops will proceed to harass and ticket you. They let me off with a warning and were not all that happy with my modified exhaust either, but they let me go anyway. I do have to admit, my bike is pretty loud...I miss the good old days of cruising when it was fun and the cops didn't care.

Wow, this is an old thread. Kinda weird to answer my own question here, but I found out the hard way.
I was riding last week at Alki and the weather was spectacular, so had lunch at Spuds on the beach and then proceeded to cruise the strip back and forth to see the sights and enjoy the weather a bit before my ride home.
Well, to make a long story short, you can only cruise down once and back once and then the local Nazi cops will proceed to harass and ticket you. They let me off with a warning and were not all that happy with my modified exhaust either, but they let me go anyway. I do have to admit, my bike is pretty loud...I miss the good old days of cruising when it was fun and the cops didn't care.

I also noticed the DATE on the first post....

I WAS going to respond to it but YOU BEAT ME TO IT....

I also LIKED taco thursday leaving here in ENUMCLAW made a very nice ride taking all the back streets to west seattle and SPUDS for some of the BEST cod fillets bar none...

The cops were UN FRIENDLY back then as 500 to a 1000 bikes made the LOCAL tourist and property owners UPSET....

I really loved that ride and to have GOOD FISH then LOOK at all the bikes parked on every inch of parking area and even in the NO park zones..
I had a 2000 FXDS and it was BUILT and LOUD but never had a problem until one year?????? can't remember when??? A biker cop with his RADAR GUN POKING IT IN MY DIRECTION with the LOOK on HIS FACE.... YOU BAD ,,,, ME GONA GET YOU....

I was DOING LESS than the speed limit BUT he still PULLED me over to say that people complained about ALL the BIKES and THEY WERE PUTTING THE GUY-BALLS TO TACO THURSDAY.... I too was (verbal) warned....... I really had a HARD TIME WITH HIS ATTITUDE and I NEVER WENT BACK AFTER THAT..

Later I heard a lot of tickets given and glad to stay away..

I have gone to that area SINCE and I never got really excited about riding the water strip more than in and then out, so I was not a problem to the police upon LATER visits on my harley....

THAT cop venture really did put the GUY-BALLS for my attendance of TACO THURSDAY.... Just think of the money some of the dinner spots were making off the bikers....

GRANTED, it being just like STURGIS, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a good thing..... I think the seattle one was because of the LIBERALS and not the FAR RIGHT WINGERS of which I fit....
like gun control by the OLD mayor and the new one NOT MUCH BETTER....

I live close to the YALLA BEAK here in Enumclaw and JUST enjoy listening to the bikes from my house on TACO THURSDAY...

signed....BUBBIE

I forgot about Taco Thursdays, I wonder if they still have them? I only live around 20 minutes from Alki, so it is nice close ride for fish and chips on a nice day.

I forgot about Taco Thursdays, I wonder if they still have them? I only live around 20 minutes from Alki, so it is nice close ride for fish and chips on a nice day.

TACO THURSDAY was the BIG EVENT at ALKI..... i would go to LOOK and LISTEN to the 1,000+ bikes and EAT at SPUDS........

I would rather stay out of the high density areas while on the bike.... Taking the LITTLE two lane roads LIKE down to Yelm- Mckinna and stop at STEWARTS MEATS...LOAD UP THERE......

The old fashioned meat market that has the BEST JERKY n PEPPERONI....
Hard to pass that one up...

Or heading up over Tiger Mt. Pass and that large TWO LANE BACK ROAD STYLE RIDE area on the west cascade range 302 up to chuck a nut drive and during the WARMER months heading over to Yakima and the other desert spots EAST... OR up over on the cascade HGY. Maybe nite over at Winthrup
the OLD COWBOY TOWN....

Maybe I'm getting old BUT the LARGE functions don't get me as aroused as they used to..

The ride to Sturgis is NOT a challenge and more (1250 mi. x 2) but MOSTLY because of the PRICE GOUGE and WAY TOO CROWDED....

The OLD MOTOR-HOME was a CHALLENGE to get IT there NEVER the bike when I went ONLY with BIKE only made it JUST FINE......

I hear very little about TOCO THURSDAYS.... ESP. NOT in seattle's ALKI..

signed....BUBBIE

Isn't that STRANGE.. OUR weather is WARM and MONDAY today MIGHT HIT 65* gotta go for the ride today. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE OTHERS....
They know WHO they are. SORRY; EL NINO

Back