free website stats program Seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Seats

DC Chad

hi all

right ive had my 1990 FHLS now for a few weeks and slightly tailoring it to my needs , so ive rolled the bars up slightly (fatboy bars) so they dont hit my knees on full lock , heel and toe adjusted , and brake pedal adjusted , now i must point out im 6'7" tall so my next point of call is the Seat :D So after spending a fair bit of time searching the net , part numbers , seat company's etc ive hit the wall and decided to ask those who know:D

what the heck fits what ? im after a seat that will position my backside a good couple of inches back but still needs to be of a good comfort level for the petticoat Government too as she loves the comfort of the Standard seat .

it seams a bit of a mine field trying to find a second hand seat:dknow i would like to avoid buying new due the the cost.

thanks in advance for your help.

Chad:D

I'd look up different makers of seats and see what they fit and the dimensions they quote. Ebay may be a good source for a used seat

I'd look up different makers of seats and see what they fit and the dimensions they quote. Ebay may be a good source for a used seat

Thanks for the reply Jeff , Ebay is a good source for second hand seats i think the biggest issue im having is knowing if they will fit .
im given to believe that the fixing arrangement was changed around 95 but not sure?

It is often worth looking at the sites for aftermarket seat manufacturers to find which seat fits which years of bike and the range of years that a seat model will fit
I have a good collection of seats in the shed for both sportster and softail as I went through a few ebay purchases of used seats just to find that they did not work for me in the end I found a seat model by mustang that seemed to be a good seat for my requirements and found an ebay seller in the US that sold the seat and purchased that way the ebay seller was a wee bit low on the customs valuation therefore my customs payment was negligible
Seat still good after 4 years with many comfortable miles
Getting the seat right in the first place will only enhance the pleasure of riding your bike

Brian

89-96 seats from touring models should fit, you may look at Roadking seats:s

Getting the seat right in the first place will only enhance the pleasure of riding your bike

Brian

thanks Brian getting the seat right is something im quite familliar with after years riding dual sports BMWs ive spent a bloody fortune in the past on Sargent and Corbin seats however the fitment was simple:D where as im finding the model list quite confusing with Harley

:D

I have no experience with touring Harleys but I think capital jack has given you the correct answer to the applicable year models that will be suitable

Brian

Back