free website stats program seats | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

seats

a buddy put a mustang on his Dyna and he liked it so much i went out and got one for my RKP. and i love it

Well as I was unpacking, and settling into my new home, when this cheery young lady drove up in a postal truck with a smile and a big box. My new Mustang one piece original, studded seat!! 2hips and 1hooray!!! I stopped everything and swaped out the seats. My bike is gorgeous!! She looks the way I want her to look, all black & chrome and no other colour (monochrome bike) but with the throw back seat with the studs and the conchos, she looks like a vintage photo!!
Just happened to be a pretty fair day, mostly sunny, so I just had to stop the resetteling chores and go for a good 1 hour cruise. The seat is different. The height seems the same. I am a little more forward, not much, just enough. I like the comfort over the stock banana seat, so I am one happy camper. I got a nice ride in, my butt is dry, the bike looks like I want her to look, and I got a home to take her to.
Should have a pic or two posted shortly...

The best thing my daughter could say about the stock seat on my XR1200 was "Well, it's not as uncomfortable as it looks." I'll probably put a Corbin dual saddle on it in the spring.

Weather is bad but I did get a couple rides in on the new seat. Love it!! My feet are the same on the pavement. Now the Dyna is shaping up into my own vision - Monochrome - She's throwback black & white (chrome) no reflectors, no orange signals no red tail light - just gotta find a way to do the same to the license plate lol
She's a pretty pretty bike!!

Weather is bad but I did get a couple rides in on the new seat. Love it!! My feet are the same on the pavement. Now the Dyna is shaping up into my own vision - Monochrome - She's throwback black & white (chrome) no reflectors, no orange signals no red tail light - just gotta find a way to do the same to the license plate lol
She's a pretty pretty bike!!

Would love to see a picture! Mine is b&w too, was wondering if the conchos would be too much. Not afraid of more chrome! (FXDC)

The stock seat lasted three rides before the Sundowner dual went on the Dyna Custom. The improvement was unbelievable. Good for all day riding, now.

I think that MOCO puts the worst seats on their bikes on purpose, with the hope of most owners purchasing a new one at their parts departments.

I think that MOCO puts the worst seats on their bikes on purpose, with the hope of most owners purchasing a new one at their parts departments.

outside of the custom or cvo's, isn't that true of ALL the parts they put on the stock bike? :p

well, the covered shocks on the fxdf might be an exception.

On my 2008 EG with OE seat bike has 22,000 miles and no complaints. Had a 600 mile day with no complaints and would not change the OE seat....

Back