free website stats program Seats? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Seats?

... ... "Signature Series Seat with Rider Backrest - FLSTC Styling with Studs" from the HD dealer for my 2006 Heritage Classic. We have sat on one at the dealership on a used bike and my wife and I agree that's it is comfortable for both of us. Anyone have this seat and what advice could you give me, pro or con? It is a major investment, Thanks

I went to the site and looked at the Signature Series Seat. It looks nice. As long as it feels good to you and it supports your seat, then it would be a good investment.
The price is comparable to Mustang. Just depends on how wide you want the seat, and how it fits and feels. My Mustang is 16" wide at the back of the rider and 12" wide for the passenger. Measure the Signature Seat with a tape if you feel you want wide support.
Again it all depends on what you feel you need. You have the opportunity to try the Signature which is a plus. Course most places will take a seat on return if no evidence of being installed. You have to install it with masking tape on the mounts. You would be out the return shipping.

But if the Signature seat suits you, then it is a good quality seat for sure.
Good luck with your decision. A Heritage is a beautiful bike. If I was to buy a dresser it would be the Heritage.

My 06 Heritage came with a $700 2-up seat with a driver's backrest. Beautifully made, but the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat on. I couldn't stand it, and quickly sold it.

BUT, that's just me. They sell tons of them, so presumably lots of people like them.

Point is, as was said before, everyone's butt is different, and you just have to try them out. See if your dealer will let you try out that used one you sat on for a few days to really get the feel of it.

Back