free website stats program Seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Seats

Hey, I have a 03' flh standard,and I was looking to get more leg room on the bike by changeing the stock seat out for a solo Mustang or the HD Sundowner. I feel the leg room isn't adequate do to the fact I'm 6'3".I have talked to Meancity Cycle about modifing the sundowner with memoryfoam,just wondered what you all think?
Thanks.

I put a HD Tallboy seat on an 04 and was happy with that. I am 6'4". While not great the tallboy seat was an improvement.

Yeh sucks in away being over 6' riding a HD,Mustang rep said the flh classics are designed for riders that are 6'2".Don't know about that?
Did the tallboy sit you up straighter on the bike?

I don't know about that whole 6'2" thing either. seems like things are always designed for someone that is a different size.
I did sit up a bit more on the tallboy. I also tried a mustang seat but it took away a couple of inches from the wife on the back, she did not like that so it went back. (I dealt directly with mustang and not a dealer so I had the option to return the seat). the HD seat got me in a better position and I did not have to drop 600 - 800 dollars for a seat. Probably not the perfect option but it made that third tank of gas eaiser to get througe in a day.

Thanks for the input. Like you I'm probable going to deal directly with Mustang,so if I don't like the seat I can return it.
P.S. Time to ride yet?

Back