Seats

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by flh classic, Jan 7, 2009.

1. flh classic

flh classic Member

Hey, I have a 03' flh standard,and I was looking to get more leg room on the bike by changeing the stock seat out for a solo Mustang or the HD Sundowner. I feel the leg room isn't adequate do to the fact I'm 6'3".I have talked to Meancity Cycle about modifing the sundowner with memoryfoam,just wondered what you all think?
    Thanks.

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

I put a HD Tallboy seat on an 04 and was happy with that. I am 6'4". While not great the tallboy seat was an improvement.

3. flh classic

flh classic Member

Yeh sucks in away being over 6' riding a HD,Mustang rep said the flh classics are designed for riders that are 6'2".Don't know about that?
    Did the tallboy sit you up straighter on the bike?

4. Mattman4403

I don't know about that whole 6'2" thing either. seems like things are always designed for someone that is a different size.
    I did sit up a bit more on the tallboy. I also tried a mustang seat but it took away a couple of inches from the wife on the back, she did not like that so it went back. (I dealt directly with mustang and not a dealer so I had the option to return the seat). the HD seat got me in a better position and I did not have to drop 600 - 800 dollars for a seat. Probably not the perfect option but it made that third tank of gas eaiser to get througe in a day.

5. flh classic

flh classic Member

Thanks for the input. Like you I'm probable going to deal directly with Mustang,so if I don't like the seat I can return it.
    P.S. Time to ride yet?

6. Mattman4403

Past time, but two inches of snow make it a bit difficult