seats for tall guys

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by sambo725, Jun 22, 2008.

1. sambo725

sambo725 Member

Iam 6 foot 2 in . 08 FLHX is cramped for riding. any options other than HD tallboy seat?just interested in other seats,am getting the floorboard kit.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Allen at mean city cycles can move you on your seat any way you wish to go with a seat modification. Does great work and will talk with you on the phone forever about what you want to do. He's a member on the forum and goes by the name BadX.

Seat Modifications For Comfort - Harley Davidson Community

3. sambo725

sambo725 Member

thanks Glider.but being i am in calgary,canada he probably is not close by.

4. cdn-bigfoot

cdn-bigfoot Junior Member

I hear what your saying about Harleys not being built for tall guys.
    I'm 6'2" as well and have struggled for comfort on every bike I've owned.
    I love my HD stock solo seat on my Street Bob. So I am considering extending the forward controls by 2 or 3 inches for a better leg stretch. I am happy with my Fat Boy style drag bar for comfort and distance from the seat.
    Just consider that the slope of your shins will deflect air at highway speeds. Likely straight up your nose. I get buffeting at speeds over 130 km/h (80mph) and wind straight up my nostrils makes it uncomfortable to wear a half shell or no helmet on the highway. I have resorted to a full face helmet for highway rides.

5. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

When I was looking at bikes. I had the same problem.. I'm 6'4" 270# Found a wide glide with foward controls.... Went with Kuryaken 3." extentensions. Now it is very comfortable. No cramping.. Before was misery......