Seat

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Jcannon, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Jcannon

Jcannon Member

Does anyone know if someone makes a wider solo or 2up seat that also moves the rider back 1/2" or so ? I'd like to get a little more room backwards and pick up some more relaxing bars as well.

2. BikerChick915

BikerChick915 Member

I swapped my stock seat out for the Mustang. Best mod I could have made, as I am able to ride for much, much longer durations! Seat is nice and wide as well. Not sure about the 1/2" farther back issue tho. Let us know what you find out!

3. I heard the Sundowner sets you back and puts you in a touring position and has good lower back support.Plus is a deep bucket seat. This is all from the Hd Shop Talk newsletter that I got today. They make a seat called the Tall boy,but not for the sporty.That one is supose to put you 3 inches back.

4. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if this is relative, but I have the sundowner on my deuce & have no complaints. Comfortable enough for most rides. I may only consider changing it to a sundowner with a rider backrest in the future. Good luck.

5. scottaudio

scottaudio Member

I replaced my stock Sportster seat with a Sundowner and it made all of the difference in long distance road riding. I was worn out after 160 miles on the stock seat, and now I ride 360 with no problems. What I want now is the little lever for the throttle that is a "mechanical" type of cruise (instead of the stock screw mechanism). It's called the "cruise buddy" and it's expensive, but to have easy 1/4 flip on/off of throttle control is my next goal.

Good luck!

6. Jcannon

Jcannon Member

Thanks guys ill look into sundowners.

7. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

I've got the Corbin dual touring with the rider backrest. It really does the trick for me!

And, as ScottAudio said, the Cruise Buddy is a nice little addition for touring. I set it so I can easily roll off the throttle if I need to, but can remove my hand from the grip to scratch my........nose.

8. ChromePrincess

ChromePrincess New Member

My husband is 6'4" 320lbs, and has the same issue as the OP. After 3 different seats, he finally found the perfect one. It's the "Tallboy" from Harley. It moves you back an 1 3/4, and up 2 inches. It's a super comfy ride too, and also a 2up. Hope this helps.

I did just realize though that the orignal poster is riding a sportster, and not sure if the Tallboy comes for the sportster. My bad! =)

9. big possum

big possum New Member

try sundowner I bought one and it is great

10. Barnicle

Barnicle Member

Yes, I aquired a sundowner as well. It has made a big difference. I do not ache like I did with the stock seat. I went on a 160 mile trip this past weekend and my butt felt like I had just gone down the road a bit. I could easily do 300+ miles and not feel to tired.