free website stats program Seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat

got a ultimate seat on my 07 ultra and love it. when I went from milw to de last year only stopped for gas and did 10 hr days

I've found that tight jeans contribute to the discomfort on long rides. Looser jeans help, but don't cure the burn.

Fully agee. I wear "Chinch-Up" blue jeans. You buy 'em at western stores for horseback riders. Nice and loose in the rear and doesn't feel like a vice on your crotch, but still looks good.

I HAVE A MUSTANG SEAT COMFY FOR ME BUT 350.00 ID TRY MEAN CITY like schmitty said , talked to other people that used them very happy with htem

Seats are like opinions every one has one. The more people you ask the more recomendations you will recieve. I ride with the HD reach seat, at first I thought this to be the most uncomfortable seat I ever road on. Then as time went on and the seat started to mold to me it slowly got more and more comfortable. It is now my belief that no seat is perfect and no two seats fit the same (even the same models). Like others have said find a seat you like the looks of, give it some time to break in, if after a couple thousand miles if it is still is not right? Send it off and have some custom work done it, medical jell inserts shaved on the edges whatever it takes. Also like others have said the pants and under wear you wear also plays a huge part in comfort. I have some jeans that are just not made for riding but are perfect for other stuff. Invest in good riding apparel, loose fit jeans like Gusset which are made for riding and still look good are perfect, boxer shorts/briefs are better than tighty whities (at least for me). My point is experiment and allow break in periods before spending a small fortune on seats. Ride safe and have fun.

I have a 2001 electric glide I'm looking for a good seat to bye for long rides w/out my rear getting sore.Or is this impossible ? Any good seats out there?
Was looking at Corbin, Mustang and even Air Glide Seats .

As mentioned in all the above comments, a good seat will depend on your build, how you sit on your bike and the form of your body. What works for one may not work for another.

I had a stock seat and was planning on getting rid if it since I would be sore after about 6hrs. And with consecutive day rides, the time would reduce.

I kept putting it off so I could save for a real nice seat - like the Zepplin or something of that quality. Well, days before a week long ride, my Stock seat broke. Long story short - I was limited on what I could find at the many local HD Dealers and was sort of forced to buy a Sundowner. Thinking this was a bit of an expensive Temporary fix ($159), I boaght it just to make my trip. To my amazement, it turned out to be the perfect seat for me. No sores, no hot spots and it was a brand-new seat that I did 400 miles the first day on. The rest of the trip was no problem and on the last day we did 700+ miles and I felt fine.

So, the morale of this story is don't think that you have to buy the best seat for it to be the most comfortable.:60:

I was going to start a new post but this will do. I have two bike's both touring. I recently picked up my 08 Ultra classic and Love this motorcycle. The only thing wrong was the seat. I have spent thousands on after market seats like the rest of you have from Corbin, Lepera,you name it. They are all fine seats but pricey.

But being a forum member for over a year now I have read and read and have found some incredible knowledge and valuable as well. I must say though, Smitty 's advise turned me on to Mean City. Everyone knows by reading peoples post and responces you can tell if a guy ( or lady ) knows what he or she is talking about. Although having never met this man I can tell. And he did not let me down. I had a 2/22 appointment with MEan city to move my seat back and down 2" with some memory foam. I had the seat there a day early and to my surprise the next morning got a call saying it was finished. I posted somewhere else on here how surprised I was and said I would let you know when it came back. Well two days later, today it came in. I slapped it on and rode down to the beach for a test drive. 80 and suny here today by the way..

Wow!! is all i can say. For a 1/4 of what a new seat would have cost including the shipping I have a seat thats fits my body perfectly. I hope this helps some of you other guys just as this forum helped me. You will not be disappointed with Mean City as long as you give them your proper dimensions and follow their instructions its a no brainer.

Save yourself some money and buy more chrome.. Going back out on the bike see ya

I put over 80,000 miles on a Corbin I had on my old 97 Road King. I just ordered a new Corbin for my 09 Street Glide. As for the customer service, I found the people in Florida are a bit more friendly. The ONLY way to go for me is Corbin.

Good morning.
Mine is a 2010 FLHX. I/m average height/weight and after 30-45 min found myself jiggling around on seat and never COMFORTABLE. I ordered another seat from HD Dealer which with back rest cost me $650. Was slightly wider but again... after 30-45 min, my rear end just started hurting.

I just dropped U$900 on a Corbin. If this doesnt work then I will start doing rear end excercises. Customer service at Corbin is frankly lousy.. They do you a favor they talk to you. However, their seats are comfortable. You just sit on it & go wow.

Best of luck.

Bought a Corbin for my metric last year. The customer service was absolutely dismal. The seat was o.k., but just pray you never have to rely on their customer service for anything. I would NEVER buy from them again. :nosad Go Mustang or the Mean City route.

Back