Seat

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Smooth Air, May 31, 2010.

1. Smooth Air

Smooth Air Member

Wanting a more comfortable seat for the 01. Any input on memory foam or gel for the seat? Looking for suggestions on comfort.

Smooth Air

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

4. nhk750

nhk750 Active Member

I may be wrong, but I think Corban makes some seat covers out of Gel?

5. Smooth Air

Smooth Air Member

Thanks for the link. Will check it out.

Thanks for the link and visual. Will check into this also.

6. JPHOG

JPHOG Active Member

i have a 2009 sportster 1200c the seat realy didnt bother me but the wife could only ride about 100 miles and was ready to cry from stock seat.I bought a sundowner seat and i must say it is 100% better than stock,she cant wait to try it out this weekend.

7. Painter61

Painter61 Member

look for a touring seat harley sells a nice one. I took the the stock seat off and put on a touring seat for my sporty it is worth it I go on 1300 mile rides twice a year and it s a nice ride.

8. Plummie09

Plummie09 Member

I wasn't happy with the stock seat either. I just purchased a Sundowner seat and so far, I really like it. Of course, I only have about 50 miles on it so I'll wait untill I have some more miles on it to really decide. I might consider having a gel pad inserted but right now it's so much more comfortable than the stock seat I may not want to change it at all.

9. Painter61

Painter61 Member

On my o6 sporty I bought the touring seat it was well worth the 250 bucks my wife and Inboth love the comfort and I have been to OKLAHOMA from FLORIDA on it

10. Conde54

Conde54 Member

I just purchased the "Sundowner"seat for my 05 sporty. Although I have only put about 100 miles on it I couldnt be happier. I def recomend it. I shopped around and ended up getting it off Ebay.