free website stats program Seat thumb screw | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat thumb screw

easyglide

Not sure if something like this was posted already but probably was, I was aggravated taking off the seat attachment screw and a friend suggested putting in a thumb screw, found one but another friend had a better idea:
Get a knob from a automotive cb bracket *black or chrome, and use it. Found one that was the exact same size in a couple of minutes at a truck stop and put it in, What a great idea. Reach under the tour pack remove it by hand and lift the seat. HOpe this idea helps' someone.

Keep the greasy side down, lets glide

Ace Hardware has a nice selection of knobbed screws that work well too. I got one for the seat and the strap that runs accross the seat on an Ultra.

Good idea. I have an '04 Electra Glide classic and I know what you mean about getting the seat off.

Can't wait till the snow melts so I can get out for a ride. I think I will retire to somewhere in the USA where it is always warm and mostly sunny.

Last edited:
Good idea. I have an '04 Electric Glide classic and I know what you mean about getting the seat off.

Can't wait till the snow melts so I can get out for a ride. I think I will retire to somewhere in the USA where it is always warm and mostly sunny.

But most years you don't get the snow on Vancouver Island like you have this year and you can ride a lot more in the winter months

It's true we don't usually get snow on the Island in the winter and the snow is pretty well all gone now but...it's pretty cold out there. Right now it's 0C (32F) and there's still some salt residue on the roads. Give it about 2 weeks and we'll be into our annual flower count, then...!!!!

harley makes a seat screw that is a thumb screw and KURYAKYN makes a quick release .. i jsut picked one up

Back