free website stats program Seat Re Foam Job | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Re Foam Job

67hat34c

I tried out a local custom seat shop. Wanted more comfortable ride on my 08 1200c. He recommended cutting 1" stock foam out and replacing with closed cell foam. He did not like the Gell.

Well I did it and the ride is awful. Butt hurt after 10min and gets bad after 30min. THis cost me 150.00 . Dont know what to do but am going to call the guy and find out if he can do anything. I am guessing the seat is ruined.

I don't trust my seat to anyone now. I had a seat builder do the seat on my Buell. Didn't work for me. On my Electra Glide I will use an Air Hawk or I have a gel cushion that I use. Cheaper and I can use on any bike.

They did not lower it. They cut out 1" of open cell foam and replaced with 1" closed cell. The closed cell is much the same as wetsuit neoprene. It is alot firmer. I am now sitting higher and farther forward and also uncomfortable.

I just called him and he will re work it . We are guessing that since new stuff does not give as much as the old this could be why the seating position changed.

This shop is also a pro pad dealer, gel pad. He did not recommend the gel so i went with what he said.

I have a corbin seat for sale fits 05-09 sportys with 3.3 cal tank. If he does not get your seat right and you are interested let me know. I will be leaving thursday for 2 weeks.

Going to take thurs and friday off and will deal with the seat issue then. Dont know what the will be able to do though but will allow them to try. May ask about gel.

Thanks for the offer on the seat but my bike has the 4.5g tank.

I have the 4.5 gal tank and use a Drag Specialties Leather Flame Seat which works fine for me solo, though I added a Gel/Sheepskin pillion cover for two-up...

SaddleView.jpg

Back