free website stats program seat question | Harley Davidson Forums

seat question

pureinsanity

im helping a bro find a seat for his 02 roadking.
my question is: what is the year model range of seat fitment. for instance my 05 sporty will not accept an 03 or earlier seat as the frame was changed for the 04 and up models.

thanks in advance for any help

The Rk is a touring model any touring model seat will fit until they upgraded to the 6 gal. tank in 08

All touring seats 1997-2007 will fit. There is a difference between Road King/Street Glide seats and Electra Glide seats. The Road King/S.G. seats have a shorter nose, and should have a tank "filler" panel to extend the dash panel. Electra Glide seats will fit on a R.K./S.G., but the extra length of the nose will stick up a little because of the dash panel.

Last edited:
I used a Street Glide Seat on my Electra for around town and it was OK. Sucks after 100 miles, but that seems to be par for the course for Harley seats.

I have an 04 ultra that I installed quick detach tour pack & the touring seat didn't look good at all with the tour pack off so if purchased a road king seat . The r.k. seat fits fine but you need the filler pad for the bottom of the tank(sold by H.D.) . So the ultra/electraglide seats would fit your r.k. but would have the nose tip sticking up on your tank so stay with r.k. seats from 97-07 PER BREEZE3AT talked about :s

Back