free website stats program Seat Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Question

Big Green

New to the forums, just bought an 07 FXDL and looking into a new seat. Any thoughts on Mustang Vintage versus LaPera Maverick?

I have no experience with LaPera, but I recently purchased a Mustang seat for my FXSTC through the internet sight unseen.

The first time my wife went to get on the bike, she's 5'2" tall, she dragged a foot across the New Mustang seat and the paper thin leather split open like a cheap bag of potatoe chips. I was shocked at how thin the leather was. We've superglued the 3 corner tear down so it doesn't spread, but the aesthetics are gone. If possible look at what you're going to buy to make a determination as to it's durability. I wish I did

I have no experience with LaPera, but I recently purchased a Mustang seat for my FXSTC through the internet sight unseen.

The first time my wife went to get on the bike, she's 5'2" tall, she dragged a foot across the New Mustang seat and the paper thin leather split open like a cheap bag of potatoe chips. I was shocked at how thin the leather was. We've superglued the 3 corner tear down so it doesn't spread, but the aesthetics are gone. If possible look at what you're going to buy to make a determination as to it's durability. I wish I did

Which mustang seat was it, and did you get it from a trusted site??

Hello,

I actually have a LePera King Cobra seat for sale (in excellent condition). Its a great seat just does not fit me new bike. I am selling it for $125, and retails new at $325. Are you interested?

Thanks.

Hello,

I actually have a LePera King Cobra seat for sale (in excellent condition). Its a great seat just does not fit me new bike. I am selling it for $125, and retails new at $325. Are you interested?

Thanks.

I appreciate it, but I'm looking for more of a long-range comfort seat.

Hi Big,
I went with a Danny Gray dual inflator seat on our fatboy and both me and the other half have been very pleased with the comfort level.especially the pillion which I have to say is particularly important when riding with rider/passenger communication on.

Hi Big,
I went with a Danny Gray dual inflator seat on our fatboy and both me and the other half have been very pleased with the comfort level.especially the pillion which I have to say is particularly important when riding with rider/passenger communication on.

Thank you for the help! I actually went with the LePera Maverick - Daddy Long Legs.

I have been looking for a longer range seat for the Fat Bob. My wife can only stand the stock seat for about 30 minutes. The problem is I don't want a big seat that takes away from the lines of the bike. Mustang Day Tripper or Danny Gray 2up good for the passenger?

I just bought a Saddleman King Gel seat with a rider backrest for my 01 FXDX.
It is the best seat I have ever sat on.I can not say enogh about it.

Actually LePera is a very nice seat and very durable; a bit stiffer than the others, but not quite as stiff as a Corbin by any stretch!

Back