Seat Question

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Big Green, May 12, 2010.

1. Big Green

Big Green New Member

New to the forums, just bought an 07 FXDL and looking into a new seat. Any thoughts on Mustang Vintage versus LaPera Maverick?

2. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

I have no experience with LaPera, but I recently purchased a Mustang seat for my FXSTC through the internet sight unseen.

The first time my wife went to get on the bike, she's 5'2" tall, she dragged a foot across the New Mustang seat and the paper thin leather split open like a cheap bag of potatoe chips. I was shocked at how thin the leather was. We've superglued the 3 corner tear down so it doesn't spread, but the aesthetics are gone. If possible look at what you're going to buy to make a determination as to it's durability. I wish I did

3. Big Green

Big Green New Member

Which mustang seat was it, and did you get it from a trusted site??

4. smoothiemello

smoothiemello New Member

Hello,

I actually have a LePera King Cobra seat for sale (in excellent condition). Its a great seat just does not fit me new bike. I am selling it for $125, and retails new at $325. Are you interested?

Thanks.

5. Big Green

Big Green New Member

I appreciate it, but I'm looking for more of a long-range comfort seat.

6. garyj9418

garyj9418 Member

Hi Big,
    I went with a Danny Gray dual inflator seat on our fatboy and both me and the other half have been very pleased with the comfort level.especially the pillion which I have to say is particularly important when riding with rider/passenger communication on.

7. Big Green

Big Green New Member

Thank you for the help! I actually went with the LePera Maverick - Daddy Long Legs.

8. Zephead

Zephead Member

I have been looking for a longer range seat for the Fat Bob. My wife can only stand the stock seat for about 30 minutes. The problem is I don't want a big seat that takes away from the lines of the bike. Mustang Day Tripper or Danny Gray 2up good for the passenger?

9. garry123ride

garry123ride New Member

I just bought a Saddleman King Gel seat with a rider backrest for my 01 FXDX.
    It is the best seat I have ever sat on.I can not say enogh about it.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Actually LePera is a very nice seat and very durable; a bit stiffer than the others, but not quite as stiff as a Corbin by any stretch!