free website stats program Seat Options for Shorty on Fat Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Options for Shorty on Fat Bob

Zamiam

Hi, have spent quite a few hours on forums etc. trying to find out what seat option will work the best for me. Have an 09 Fat Bob with standard seat - its not to bad comfort wise given the riding I do but I would like to be fractionally closer to my pegs/controls (an inch would be fine) as I have forward controls and feel I have too stretch a little to reach them. Don't want to go to mid controls. I'm 5'9". 28" inner leg.

Being in New Zealand trying seats is not an option as I will have to import what I want. Want a two up seat and considering the following. Any comments on relative seating positions to standard would be greatly appreciated:

HD Reach (Don't really like the look)
LePera Maverick
Corbin Dual Tour
Danny Gray Weekday 2-Up (current preference)

Thanks for any advice/comments

Thanks We Brown - thought I had read elsewhere that the sundowner lifted you up and back an inch which is why I'd taken it off my list but you obviously have first hand knowledge (and the right bike)

hi , i have the same problem . i think there are some footpeg adjuster things that will bring the pegs nearer .

I am in the market for a new Fat Bob. During the test ride, the reach was a little much for me though I could handle it with some effort. I still haven't bought the bike yet, pitting 2 dealers against each other to offer the best deal. But after the test ride, they put on a Reach seat, and that made the positioning great. Where on the stock seat, my legs were pretty much straight down to the controls, the reach seat actually allowed for some bend in the knee. I plan on test driving with a reach seat just to make sure, but that is my experience.

Back