free website stats program Seat for my Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat for my Ultra Classic

kt23287

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about the HD seat Hammock. Looks like it might be pretty nice but haven't seen one up close.
Thanks to all
Firedog -Tulsa OK
09 Ultra 106/251 cams/ Super Tuner/ V&H Monster

Can't tell you about that one, but I just bought a Sundowner
Deep Bucket with a backrest and it feels good.

A friend of mine has one and swears by it. I've sat on it and it does seem much more comfortable than stock. If you have passenger grab rails on the bike you'll have to remove thm because the seat won't fit.

Haven't seen one except in the catalog, but the design would make me tend to believe that you would sit higher up by your 'seat' being cradled in the hammock design. Might be an issue if you're like me and built close to the ground. Good luck! Scott in IL ('08 FLHT-The Mistress).

Thanks to all, the Sundowner is also on my "maybe" list.........hadn't thought about final seat height. Not quite ready yet anyway. Wonder if dealers ever have demos

Firedog -Tulsa OK
09 Ultra 106/251 cams/ Super Tuner/ V&H Monster

I have one on my '09 Ultra. It is comfortable for the long haul. BUT, the passenger seat is tilted towards the front so my passengers have to reposition themselves several times an hour to the back of the seat. Also my right thigh felt a pressure point on the back that caused my leg to feel like it was going numb (but that could be a result of half cooking my leg riding slow in 100+ F through construction areas in B.C's Okanogan area).
I put the stock seat back on last fall and for my weight it's not bad for shorter 5 hour rides.

Back