free website stats program Seat-Dyna Super Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat-Dyna Super Glide

We have the Sundowner Dual it's really comfortable,but does raise the seat height a bit,i'm a short (EDIT) ,but the extra comfort's worth it,the pillion is excellent,picked it up on ebay for $150 new,there's usually one on there.
Graham.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan -- I got the wide studded, along with the wide passenger pillion. The passenger is very happy with her pillion, and really the whole thing makes cruising nice. I also got the recessed backrest pad (studded also, she insists on everything matching...), and that gives her an extra inch or so to lean back. She likes it, and I don't think she'd be riding much it. Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Jimmy--I went ahead and purchased the wide touring seat. Do you know what the part is for your backrest pad? I did not want to get the wide seat and pick a sissy bar pad that did not look right with the flow of the bike. I was looking at the 79050 which is 9 1/2 wide and 9 inches tall.

Jimmy--I went ahead and purchased the wide touring seat. Do you know what the part is for your backrest pad? I did not want to get the wide seat and pick a sissy bar pad that did not look right with the flow of the bike. I was looking at the 79050 which is 9 1/2 wide and 9 inches tall.

Dan -- we got the Studded Setback pad #76458. It's currently listed at $109 on the Mustang site. It's 12" x 9", very comfy for the rider and the recessed feature allows for an inch or two more for long legs...

We love it. I originally worried a little about it being a 'sail', but I tried with it on and off, no difference. It is studded, if you like that look. We were trying to shoot for a Dyna/Heritage combo look. Now I just need them new pipes. Then new air cleaner. Then new grips. Ad nauseum....... Tough to stop!

Jimmy

I went with the studded as well. Thanks for the information. If you are looking for a good set of pipes I decided to go with the Vance and Hines HS straightshot slip-ons. Awesome sound and not too loud. Went with the Kury iso grips. Will look nice with the studded seat and backrest. Easy to install. I know what you mean how it is tough to stop! Like I told the wife if we buy the seat and backrest you know you have to get the tank bib to complete the look. Has to be a package deal.

I went with the studded as well. Thanks for the information. If you are looking for a good set of pipes I decided to go with the Vance and Hines HS straightshot slip-ons. Awesome sound and not too loud. Went with the Kury iso grips. Will look nice with the studded seat and backrest. Easy to install. I know what you mean how it is tough to stop! Like I told the wife if we buy the seat and backrest you know you have to get the tank bib to complete the look. Has to be a package deal.

I was looking at those slip-ons too, along with some rush slip-ons. I was all set to go and my wife decided she liked the full pipe replacement better than the slip-on look. I said great! So, looking at the python staggereds or the vance & hines big shot staggereds. Love the look, probably will go with the pythons because they're $100 cheaper or so. Then will do the SE air cleaner upgrade. Already did the TFI, improved performance significantly even with stock set up.

Have you done the TFI or some other fuel system yet? And yes, sooo easy to spend money on the beast. Love the Kury grip look too and will probably go with that (after this flurry of expenditures....)

If you like Mustang seats, I just bought a squareback from GM Cycles for $260 (including shipping). I ordered it on Monday and got it today (Thur). It offers a lot of lower back support, and it seems like a quality seat.

GM cycles has great communication and customer service. I dealt with them when I was purchasing a mustang touring seat. Nice bike by the way. Like the color--scarlet red?

Thanks Dan... and yep, it's Scarlet Red. That's a pic of my bike when i first bought it. I need to toss a new one up as I've customized it a bit.

Back