free website stats program Seat-Dyna Super Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat-Dyna Super Glide

Not sure about the sundowner, but the mustang is exTremely comfy. I'd recommend putting that on you consideration list.

Have one on my '07 FXDC and couldn't be more comfy, long or short rides. Looks good too.

Jimmy

I have been researching the same topic for my FXDC. I have decided to go with the mustang touring seat because of the wife. I have read several reviews on the Sundowner seat and plenty of people say they are comfortable. Some have said they did not like them. Buying a seat is a personal choice depending on what you will do with the accessory. What are your plans as far as riding? So far I not heard any complaints against the Dyna mustang seats. Will purchase tonight or tomorrow so I will let you know. If you have a dealership nearby I would ask to put the Sundowner one on your bike and see what you think. My dealer said they were more than happy to install it and see what I think. On another note, Sundowers are cheaper than the Mustang seats. Good luck with your purchase.

Not sure about the sundowner, but the mustang is exTremely comfy. I'd recommend putting that on you consideration list.

Have one on my '07 FXDC and couldn't be more comfy, long or short rides. Looks good too.

Jimmy

Jimmy,
Did you buy the original or wide touring for your bike?

I have the sundowner on my 08 fxdc and really like it. It is a vast improvement over the stock seat, however, I have not tried any other seats. There may be more comfortable seats out there.

I lliked my sundowner two up seat a lot. It was very comfy. I would still be using it, but I went solo. I would recommend it over the thinly padded factory solo seat. Best to try as many out as you can.

Have the sundowner on my Lowrider; absolutely love it! I do quite a bit of two up riding and my wife says the seat is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
My son tried one on his dyna but didn't like it because the extra width made it so his feet were not flat on the ground when stopped unless he slid all the way forward.

I Bought the one that was $269.96 price. I don't know what one that is. It is suppose to be here Friday the 18th. Thanks for all the info.....:D:D:D

You probably bought the original touring seat. Only difference that I see is the pillion pad is 9 instead of 12 inches wide. Let me know how you like it. I am going to purchase the mustang this morning.

Jimmy,
Did you buy the original or wide touring for your bike?

Dan -- I got the wide studded, along with the wide passenger pillion. The passenger is very happy with her pillion, and really the whole thing makes cruising nice. I also got the recessed backrest pad (studded also, she insists on everything matching...), and that gives her an extra inch or so to lean back. She likes it, and I don't think she'd be riding much it. Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Back