Seat Comparison

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by craigc, Mar 8, 2009.

1. craigc

craigc Member

I have a 2005 Road King Custom. Sundowner VS Mustang. I am really looking for comfort for my wife. I did notice the mustang has a 14" wide seat for the passenger. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

2. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

I have a Mustang on my 2006 Roadking Classic. It is the one piece Sport Touring. The Mustang customer service rep asked a lot of questions and recommended it over my original choice. I checked out some other seat companies and called back to Mustang in a week to order one. It was one of the best investments I have made for the bike.

3. craigc

craigc Member

Thanks Guys I am so confused.

4. allaco

allaco Member

I have a 01 RKC put a mustang 1 piece touring seat on. the wife loved it you could do a full day and still be comfortable. you have to watch the seat if you are tall it does lift you up but also pushes you forward a bit good luck

5. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I installed a Mustang two piece (solo and pillion)on my RKC. It was a great improvement over the stock seat.

6. martillo

martillo Active Member

I have a 2004 road king custom ,put a sundowner on passenger part is much better than stock ,but the thigh area is a bit wider for the rider , also the seat lets you sit deeper ,also it has a higher back, hope this helps.

7. KPFLHRSI

KPFLHRSI Member

I have the 2 peice Mustang with the 14" wide pillion, my wife hasn't complained once since it's been on. I also like the fact that it comes off with just one screw and has a nice clean look when she's not riding with me.

Kevin

8. Rebyl

Rebyl Banned

Another real good quality seat is the "Ultimate", I had them on my Valkyries and preferred them to the Mustang, they seemed a bit softer and rose up a bit more in the nose so you didn't slide forward as much if braking hard. Mustang was still a good quality product but the Ultimate just suited me better

9. paulb5

paulb5 Member

I use Corbin classic solo "short man" version with the backrest and large pillion. I have a Harley backrest with a luggage rack for the passenger. Love the seat, woman likes the pillion much better than the stock setup. Pillion is removable so I do not have on unless I have a passenger. The rider backrest is awesome. You will need to suffer a little until the seat is seasoned to your backside.

10. billyd1

billyd1 Active Member

sundowner with gel pads glued and stapled in under the cover for both myself and pillion position. pillion part is about 14" wide . We have nothing but praise after up to 2 1/2 hours in the saddle so far (2 up). 2009 Road King Classic.