free website stats program seat choices | Harley Davidson Forums

seat choices

vintage007

Greetings all,

This has probaly been discussed already, however I would like a little more information. I have a 96 FLHR. I would like to put a 1997-later rear fender to improve the seat choices.

Has anyone had any experiences with this operation. Would it be a close fit or would I have to do a minor bump and grind to make it work???

Thank-you all for your time.

Greetings all,

This has probaly been discussed already, however I would like a little more information. I have a 96 FLHR. I would like to put a 1997-later rear fender to improve the seat choices.

Has anyone had any experiences with this operation. Would it be a close fit or would I have to do a minor bump and grind to make it work???

Thank-you all for your time.

Harley Davidson Community check here first:s

Thanks for the reply Jack, I checked out the link and it didnt really answer my question. I was just thinking, if it was worth the effort on putting a 1997 and on rear fender on my 1996 to improve seat choices.

Thanks in advance

I guess only you can answer your question. If you're 100% unsatisfied with the selection of seats for your '96, then I guess it would be worth the time, effort, and cost of switching to a later model year fender.

If it were me, I'd first be looking at getting my present seat altered by Mean City or doing my own mods to a seat that fits the current fender.

I have to agree and can say that a mean city cycle seat mod was a much better deal than buying a new seat. Custom fit seat and all the options available for padding, I got my stock seat lowered as much as possible had memory foam put in driver and passenger seat for under $200.

Back