Seasons Change

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by HDDon, Oct 17, 2011.

1. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

OK let the woose comments begin. Here in the north (north Florida) the temps are starting to fall. I have been riding in the early (5 to 6 AM) morning hours to get out of the heat of the day. With our AM temps dipping into the low to mid 40's looks like I'll be riding later in the AM and further into the afternoon. It's a tough job but sombody has to do it.:D

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's all a matter of what you're used to. I left Daytona Sunday AM at 6:00 after a week of Florida temperature conditioning. The first couple hours the temps were probably in the low 60's but there was no sun yet and going 75 MPH on I95 it was actually a bit chilly!

3. lorne

lorne Senior Member

wait till kemo and the Canadian gang get a hold of this thread.. hate to see anyone banned for language so hope they don't use the 's' word :D

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I've seen the "getting it ready for storage" threads starting by our northern brethren. I have taken my leather out of the back room storage closet to let it air out in preparation for "riding season" in the south. I so much more prefer my cheeks tingling from the cold, than my thighs stinging from the heat. I took a road trip to Alabama last weekend, and have the first week in Nov. planned for Florida. Aside from the cooler temps., sudden thunder storms are not common in Fall and Winter. :gh

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Don, don't give away our Secrets so easy about the nice weather:p Any one using that 4 letter S word should be banned:lolrolling

6. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i think you guys should start stocking up with 18 year old whiskey and Cuban cigars for when Kemo get there...

7. Jack Klarich

That would require a trip to Key West, Are you in?:s

8. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i wish still in Louisiana for a couple more weeks then off to the Lone Star Rally. then off to PA for a while...wish it was warmer up there i would take the bike.

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Guess I'm ready for Ken already. :D Jack you need to share your Key West Connection. Last check my PM worked.........:D

10. Jack Klarich

:s If I was not on Workers Comp I would ride down Tomorrow and get a whole box of cigars you never know when The Boss may show up:p