free website stats program Sears Red Craftsman Jack | Harley Davidson Forums

Sears Red Craftsman Jack

Dyna frames need wider lift rails on the jack. I don't know what the Red jack is but the yellow HF would not work for me on my 2009 FXDL.

Hi If you search the web I recall somebody modfying these jacks to make them
wider so they work,by spacing the rails to the outside.

Yes, you can adapt any motorcycle jack to fit your Dyna. It's easy you just need to get the adapter kit it's HD part #98965-99. It costs around $25 and is simple to use. I use them for my '02 Superglide and they work just fine. I use the HF lift which is very similar to the craftsman.

On a side note if you havent purchased the craftsman and are looking at lifts I would recomend spending a little more and getting the J&S lift. Like I said I use the HF which gets the job done but I wish I would have bought the J&S which is much sturdier. Just watch their video on Youtube and you will see what I mean. There have been several people on this site that have backed up the video and gave very high reviews for that lift. Just something to think about.

I bought a used red craftsman jack for 60. Seems to work ok but I heard about a lot of problems. Haven't used it yet.

I'm interested in anybody who is using the red Craftsman jack for a Dyna successfully. Let me know what you did.

I built a double 2x8 center stand with a 3/4 inch iron pipe for a handle that works like a champ. Used it for maintenance and was very happy. My wife helped me and it was easy for her to do. I put carpet on the top to ensure it would not scratch the frame. Very stable result.

Thanks,
RC

Those HD adapter kits aren't real great. But the old versions of the Sears Red jack have been modified very similar to the HF jack. Only difference was the crossbar on the Sears had to be cut off. The HF jack has no cross bar.

Do a search on YouTube for Sears Red Jack Mod Dyna etc. Basically you have to move the pads further apart to clear the Dyna oil pan. This is done by removing the pads and placing them on the outside of the braces with longer grade 8 bolts.

Forget adapter kits, longer bolts, 2x6s, pipes, etc., spend the extra $$$ and buy a J&S jack. You just got a new ride.....get a jack that will lift it witout any changes or extra things needed. Plus, you do not need any tiedown straps to keep your bike from possibly tipping. As another poster on this thread wrote, and 100s of others have said on the countless other threads here and on other forums discussing jacks, the J&S jack is the best around. Visit their website and watch the videos. Good luck with the bike!

Or for just 50 more bucks than the price of the J&S you could just buy one of the drive on table lifts and really be cookun then.

Back