free website stats program Sears Friends and Family Night | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sears Friends and Family Night

This Sunday 6-9 PM take advantage @ Sears for discounts at Friends and Family night:s
I picked up a 3/8" Inch/Pounds and a 1/2" Foot/Pounds torque wrench . . . went a bit 'hog' wild and got one of their 200 something tool kits with a storage box. Nice stuff . . .

A quick question . . . I was told by the guy there at Sears that when storing the 'clicker' style torque wrench do so with the settings as the minimum torque to 'relax' the spring. This will keep the wrench more accurate for longer period of time. Does this sound correct? He also told me that recalibrating them is expensive - 80.00 or something like that - yikes!:newsmile082:

Thanks - Mark!

I was told by the guy there at Sears that when storing the 'clicker' style torque wrench do so with the settings as the minimum torque to 'relax' the spring. This will keep the wrench more accurate for longer period of time.

Thanks - Mark!

That's what I've always heard.

A quick question . . . I was told by the guy there at Sears that when storing the 'clicker' style torque wrench do so with the settings as the minimum torque to 'relax' the spring. This will keep the wrench more accurate for longer period of time. Does this sound correct? He also told me that recalibrating them is expensive - 80.00 or something like that - yikes!:newsmile082:

Thanks - Mark!

Very good advice indeed.....

Back