free website stats program Sealed wheel bearings on baggers | Harley Davidson Forums

Sealed wheel bearings on baggers

TQuentin1

Staff member
Anyone know what the sealed bearings are on the baggers? My '03 UC takes these HD p/ns front and rear:

9247 Sealed Ball Bearing (2).

TQ

go to ronnies h-d and finf it in the micro-fiche. they don't have a p/n but you could find the (item # ) and call them front wheel is item 5 and item 4 for rear wheel, like 25.49 each

go to ronnies h-d and finf it in the micro-fiche. they don't have a p/n but you could find the (item # ) and call them front wheel is item 5 and item 4 for rear wheel, like 25.49 each

If you add the item to checkout and then go to that page it will give you the P/N there. No you won't be buying it.

Anyone know what the sealed bearings are on the baggers? My '03 UC takes these HD p/ns front and rear:

9247 Sealed Ball Bearing (2).

TQ

Are you trying to cross reference the bearings to a better grade or American made bearing?

If you can give me the measurements of the bearing I can cross it for you.

BTW for those of you using a HD9278 that crosses to a 6205-2RS

If you can give me the measurements of the bearing I can cross it for you.

BTW for those of you using a HD9278 that crosses to a 6205-2RS

I don't have any out of the wheels right now. Am waiting to get the tires in to replace current ones and wanted to have the bearings to do that then too.

But the HD 9247 sealed ball bearings are supposed to measure:

52mm x 21mm x 1" (for 1" axles).

BTW, the bearings in there now are double rubber seal. Would it be better to have shields?

TQ

Would it be better to have shields?

TQ

No, don't use shield bearings. (I assume you have no addtional exterior separate seal) You must use rubber seals.

The way I have always understood it was 2RS means 2 rubber seals, one on each side. There is such a thing as a 6205 1RS(X)
One seal and X is the rubber compound.

I think the closest bearing you will find is 25 X 52 X 20.6 which is a 5205. Then select 2RS for 2 rubber seal and if you want to select the type of rubber add the X code.

You have to be careful because 1" is actually 25.4mm. The bearing is truly all American or all metric. It won't be a mix.

You have to be careful because 1" is actually 25.4mm. The bearing is truly all American or all metric. It won't be a mix.

I think this is why these are proprietary bearing made for HD. I have found some bearings that are:

25.4 mm x 52 mm x 19.05 mm. See here:

F-390599 | Online Catalog | Bearings | Products | NOC international

But these would require a wider spacer inside the hub. Don't want to do all that, since at that point I might as well buy the replacements from HD for $30/ea.!! Man they are gouging on these.

TQ

Last edited:
Back