free website stats program Sealed beam passing lamp to halogen upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Sealed beam passing lamp to halogen upgrade

maugusta1

2003 Ultra Classic---Upgrading stock sealed beam passing lights to halogen 55 watt lamps with replaceable bulb. Stock sealed beam has two connection points. One gray/black stripe wire and one black wire which is riveted to passing lamp case. Upgraded lamps come with one white wire which I assume is the hot wire. Does the ground for halogen use the case lamp and ring for ground for lamp? If not how do I wire this? This was purchased from JPCycles and is a nice looking upgrade....This site is great for us want to be mechanics with questions.....THANKS YOU, MAC

I have an 08 Road King and the ground wire is riveted to the passing light bucket. I'm sure you can ground yours any way you find convenient. Do the 55 watt halogen bulbs have the little shield on the front of the bulb to shield the filament from on coming drivers? I like the 896 37.5 watt bulbs as they are the brightest I can find with the filament shielded. Perhaps your reflectors accept a completely different style of bulb.

Hello BTSOM,
I ordered the Halogen Passing Lamp Bulb Kit for 1969-2011 HD Spotlights part number 3100456, thru J&P cycles.com It has a curved reflector, it is made to replace the OEM sealed beam. So with the curved reflector it will not blind on coming trafflic, at least I hope. What I can not get thru my thick scull is there is nowhere on the bulb or bulb housing to attach the stock ground wire that is riveted to the stock spotlight case. How does the bulb work without a ground connection? So my mind tells me the only way to make a complete circuit for the bulb is using the housing on the bulb replacement kit against the stock spotlight housing to complete circuit. The kit comes with no instructions. I contact J&P cycles and I am waiting for a reply from their HD tech. on advice how to install..... J&P cycle Techs have answered question for me previously......Will post when I get a reply.......But untiI hear from J&P can anybody please give me some tips on how to handle this! Or what am I not seeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU

Back