free website stats program Sea Foam | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam

It works... Smells like paint thinner, can't be great for the engine, but will loosen up a mildly clogged up carb. Its no replacement for a good carb cleaning if your bike isn't running great, but will help. During the winter, or if my bike is going to sit for more than 4 or 5 months i like to fill the carb bowl with it. (thats what i did with my honda shadow when i got my harley) Before i fire it in the summer i drain the bowls and put fresh gas in. I only do that with bikes that haven't had a good carb cleaning in a couple years, otherwise just draining the bowls works great.

Thanks Mr. Data. I have used Seafoam in the past in both my truck and my Metric bikes. But you hear so much about what safe for engine but not another and so forth.

What do you think about adding sea foam every time I fill up? During the week, my commute to train station is not long enough to fully warm up the engine. I also plan to change the oil about every 3000 miles.

Do y'all add Sea Foam to your oil also??? It says its good to, but it's pretty thin and I'm afraid it will dilute the oil too much. I'll add some to the gas, but not too sure about putting it in the oil. Maybe right before an oil change and then run it for maybe 100 miles and then drain it out. Don't know if I want to leave it in there for too long. Any thoughts on this???

My question is once you have added the seafoam to the oil how long do you leave it in before you drain it out?

When adding sea foam or MMO to your oil, it's best to do it shortly before you are going to change the oil to remove any sludge that it would loosen up in the engine. Usually 50-100 miles prior to changing the oil would be just fine.

Some run it in the fuel every few tanks and others use it in fuel and oil too.

I think I would rather go with the MMO in the oil rather than the sea foam myself.

I've used Sea Foam in my gas for a couple of yrs and just didn't trust putting it in the oil. Just bought a gallon 2 mos ago, (so I have a good bit left) and now I hear about MMO. When the SF is gone I'll switch over to the MMO. Used MMO in some older cars yrs ago, but haven't thought about it in a while. Tracy

I had never used Sea Foam but my last trip in the motor coach we were returning from Myrtle Beach and the coach (gas) would not pull some of the hills on I-20 in SC. It was missing and back firring. I called a friend of mine and told him, he said that it would be "bad gas" or the fuel pump. He came to me and brought some Sea Foam. I had about 60 gal of gas in the tank. We put two cans in the tank. I took off and never had another problem! This stuff works!!

Back