free website stats program Sea Foam | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam

glider

Veteran Member
Here's a good product for cleaning fuel systems and general maintenance.

Here's a video that will give you an idea of the usage on a car.

Sea Foam Usage Video

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT for Gas Engine Applications

100% Pure Petroleum
Use in All Engines in All Seasons
2 Cycle, 4 Cycle, and Diesels
Treats 3 Critical Areas: Gas Tank, Fuel Systems, and Crankcase
  • Cleans fuel injectors
  • Cleans carburetor jets
  • Cleans carbon
  • Stabilizes fuels
  • Upper cylinder lube
  • Removes moisture in fuel
  • De-icer
  • Frees sticky lifters
  • Frees sticky rings
  • Removes moisture in oil
  • Cleans P.C.V. systems
  • Cleans catalytic converter odors
  • Oxygen sensor safe
updates_whitecap.gif

How Many Mechanics Use SEA FOAM In Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines
Autos, Trucks, and Tractors
  1. With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
  2. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.
  3. Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.
  4. Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.
FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.
For Peak Performance, Use SEA FOAM Every 2,000 to 5,000 Miles
  • A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE.
  • Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.
  • Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
  • Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage.
  • Cure hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
  • Helps pass emissions test. EPA Registered.
When Used Thru Injection or Carburetor
  • Cleans carbon build up
  • Cleans intake valves and pistons
  • Gives smoother idle
  • Cleans catalytic converter odors
  • Cures hesitations and pings
  • Restores power and pickup
  • With warm engine running, SLOWLY pour 1/2 pint through carburator, throttle body or direct manifold vacuum line that will feed ALL CYLINDERS. Possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short period of time.
  • For use in injector cleaning machines, use 50% SEA FOAM and 50% fuel.
  • Fill diesel filters with SEA FOAM to clean injectors fast.
When Added to Crankcase (Oil)
  1. Frees sticky lifters and rings
  2. Increases R.P.M.'s vacuum and compression
  3. Cleans dirty parts
  4. Removes moisture
  5. Cleans PCV valve systems
One pint treats 10 quarts of oil (avg. 1 1/2 ounce per quart).

When Added to Fuel Tank
  • Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets
  • Cleans carbon as you drive
  • Lubricates upper cylinders
  • De-ices and removes moisture
  • Diesel full conditioner and anti gel
  • Stabilizes fuel
One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

In Injector Cleaning Machines

Add a 50/50 blend of fuel and SEA FOAM into injector cleaning machine. Run directly through the fuel rails to clean injectors fast. Add SEA FOAM to your fuel tank to clean injectors as you drive.

Also see this post...
Marvel Mystery Oil - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
OK, newb with a bike. 08 Sporty 1200C--just did the 1000 mile service---900 miles on the bike as I type.

How often, and how much should I use? Thanks, Tracy

OK, newb with a bike. 08 Sporty 1200C--just did the 1000 mile service---900 miles on the bike as I type.

How often, and how much should I use? Thanks, Tracy

IMO depends on how much you ride or how much bike sits the more it sits then more often I would add a LITTLE no more than recommened.
Other wise a 1000 miles or so should do.
And by all means if the bike is going to sit add some befor you park it run it thought system gass just sitting inthe tank is with out a stabliizer is not good.
And if bike is going to sit have tank almost full .

To answer the "how long it sits", It will be 1 month old tomorrow. I was out of town for 2 1/2 weeks AFTER I got it. 900 miles in 1 1/2 wks---Doesn't sit long.

02 Dodge minivan (4 cyl) gets 16-18 mpg here in Greensboro, Bike gets 40+---it was bought as my daily driver and has increased it's duties to weekend errands also.

1K miles sounds good to me. Now I just have to find it.

What stores will I find it in, since I've never heard of it or seen it before? Thanks, Tracy

MY TEST:

Bike is running better, but I only got 2 tanks with it in.

On the 1st tank, the SMALL crack in the Y-Pipe I had finally broke open (NOT from the seafoam, but from a broken exhaust / transmission mount bracket that I discovered had broken into 3 parts!). Mileage DROPPED because of the 3/4 inch wide hole in the exhaust.

Replaced / re-worked the entire exhaust (stock from headers, new y-pipe, backyard modified OEM mufflers (1 inch center plugs removed)).

I will calc the mileage tomorrow and post.... but I bet AFTER exhaust repair, mileage went up.

The bad news is that I can't continue the test.... I am FINALLY re-jetting the carb, and adding a Stage 1 air cleaner in the morning... so all mileage shold increase from that.

Back