sea foam

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by oakhill200, May 11, 2009.

1. oakhill200

oakhill200 Member

Has anyone used sea foam or lucas fuel additives in thier fuel? If so how did it work and are there any differance between the two, or with or without?
    Thanks
    ray

2. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Check this out:

Fuel additives - Harley Davidson Community

I personally use Marvel's Mystery Oil in my '03 UC (and cars). Use at the rate of 4 oz./ 10 gal. of gas (so 2 oz. / fill up).

TQ

3. oakhill200

oakhill200 Member

Thanks, that was very helpful.

4. Gas Gauge

Gas Gauge Junior Member

I have a 2001 Dyna (FXD-carberated) that I bought from my brother in Las Vegas and shipped to Houston, he put about 50-100 miles a month on it, so it sat up alot. It definately had some carberation issues when I got it.

A Harley mechanic at Independance HD in College Station told me to try Sea Foam (and give it a chance). I'm on my second tank of gas using Sea Foam. At first I didn't think it was going to do anything, but this weekend the bike took off on me and has been screaming ever since (like I thought it should).

I'm impressed.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I know Smitty's a big fan of it, too. I haven't used it yet but I'm willing to jump on the bandwagon after reading all these endorsements. Where do you get it? Is it actually called sea foam or does it have a brand name?

6. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

I've been able to get it at Walmart. Automotive supply stores also carry it.

7. fiveoh455

fiveoh455 Active Member

For those of you that use Sea Foam...do you use it every time you fill up, or just periodically? Also, how many ounces per 5 gallon tank?

8. Gas Gauge

Gas Gauge Junior Member

I only used it as described above. I believe the ratio was 1oz/G (instructions are clear). This was on the Dyna (which is for sale), I moved up to a 2006 Electra Glide Classic EFI a month after getting the Dyna. I am one happy camper now!

9. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

My dad lives in FL. He had problems with his scooter (he's 83 and rides every day). He had a bad load of gas and the thing was running like a toad. He rode it to the MC shop by his place and the guy called him and told him the thing was shot and to buy a new scooter. He hauled it home because after the shop "worked on it" it would not run. He was able to get it run - roughly and a neighbor talked him into added Sea foam. He said the same thing as the other guy. It kept running better and better. As soon as it worked its magic, the scooter started running like new and he raves about sea Foam. He rides by the MC shop almost every day and probably gives 'em the "salute"! He's a crotchety old carpenter...

10. oseita

oseita Member

You can buy it at Autozone and it goes by the name Sea Foam.