SE Touring Pipe Sound clips

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 455gto, Nov 25, 2008.

1. 455gto

455gto Member

Does any one have any sound clips of a 09 FL series bike with SE Touring mufflers? I want the Harley sound but not so loud I can't stand it for long periods of time. Or any other suggestions would also be appricated.

2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I had a set of the new street legal SE slip ons installed on uc and it sounded almost just like stock IMO. I had them to take em right back off. Just my two cents worth.

3. 455gto

455gto Member

What did you go with?

4. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Did you check out the forum here???

Exhaust Sound Bites - Harley Davidson Community

5. 455gto

455gto Member

Thanks I had not come acrossed it yet.

6. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I went with Rush w/2 inch baff. They sound pretty good. Not real loud, but you can hear them.

7. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Can you do a sound clip of them ?I listened to the SE but they sounded too much like my stock ones

8. bonedaddio

bonedaddio Member

Just my 2 cents: I also went with the Rush (baloney cut) slip-ons with the 2" baffle, I really love the sound. Just right.

Heard some stock SE slip-ons, ran it right next to my stock 09 SG, and the stock SG was either the same, or louder at above idle. That pretty much sealed the deal for the Rush.

Had the SG out last nite for a couple of hours, 36 degrees or so, and it just runs sooooo sweet. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!