free website stats program SE Street Perf Touring Mufflers vs. SE Street Perf Slip-Ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Street Perf Touring Mufflers vs. SE Street Perf Slip-Ons

In regards to your questions about left vs right being different. I have an 07 with the SE touring mufflers. I took the baffles out to check and they were identical inside. Seems the cat. converters fell out while I had them out but oh well, just happens.:s

well I've officially finished my 2nd mod, the SE Street Perf mufflers, and gotta say - like them. Could instantly hear the difference when I first fired the bike up. Nice low rumble when cruising - and a "here he comes" when you throttle up - but nothing too terribly ear busting. Perfect for my likes.

I bought these used and for the record there is apparently an 64985-07 pn# and a 64985-07A pn# for these pipes. I wasn't aware of that and they were advertised as pn# 64985-07A from the site where I bought them. You can't get the 64985-07 version anymore, and one guy on another forum said the 64985-07 mufflers were quieter than stock and probably discontinued due to complaints on how quiet they were. I'm reading this with my new mufflers already purchased and out in the garage still to be installed. Gotta like that. Not. I did something an HD newbie would do - find out the difference in revision on these cans after I had bought them and and check the pn on the bottom of the can "after" I bought them. And wouldn't you know it's 64985-07 stamped on the bottom. I debated whether to install or not but decided to go ahead and install anyway just to see how they sounded. All's well that ends well as they say and these mufflers definitely are not quieter than the stocks I took off.

What I'm left wondering is if I got the "A" version or not and if they stamp the 64985-07A on the "A" version of these mufflers. Mine don't have the "A" but they sound good enough for me - so if anyone else is going the used route on this line - just a heads-up on that.

well I've officially finished my 2nd mod, the SE Street Perf mufflers, and gotta say - like them. Could instantly hear the difference when I first fired the bike up. Nice low rumble when cruising - and a "here he comes" when you throttle up - but nothing too terribly ear busting. Perfect for my likes.

I bought these used and for the record there is apparently an 64985-07 pn# and a 64985-07A pn# for these pipes. I wasn't aware of that and they were advertised as pn# 64985-07A from the site where I bought them. You can't get the 64985-07 version anymore, and one guy on another forum said the 64985-07 mufflers were quieter than stock and probably discontinued due to complaints on how quiet they were. I'm reading this with my new mufflers already purchased and out in the garage still to be installed. Gotta like that. Not. I did something an HD newbie would do - find out the difference in revision on these cans after I had bought them and and check the pn on the bottom of the can "after" I bought them. And wouldn't you know it's 64985-07 stamped on the bottom. I debated whether to install or not but decided to go ahead and install anyway just to see how they sounded. All's well that ends well as they say and these mufflers definitely are not quieter than the stocks I took off.

What I'm left wondering is if I got the "A" version or not and if they stamp the 64985-07A on the "A" version of these mufflers. Mine don't have the "A" but they sound good enough for me - so if anyone else is going the used route on this line - just a heads-up on that.

Good report and heads up, glad you are happy:s

Back