SE Stage I Installation

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by kerrycorcoran, Jul 30, 2011.

1. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran Member

Just a quick tutorial to replacing the stock AF with the SE Stage I Kit. Pretty straight forward, but helps to see how to remove the black bracket on the throttle body.

[​IMG]
    1. Remove Air Filter cover (8MM Hex)

[​IMG]
    2. Remove 3 Torx screaws (T27)

[​IMG]
    3. Remove brace bracket, exposing the air filter

[​IMG]
    4. Slowly remove air filter; releasing vent hoses. Play close attention to not damage the gasket on the back of the filter.

[​IMG]
    5. Remove vent hoses from Breather bolts

[​IMG]
    6. Remove Breather bolts (7/16" Deep socket)

[​IMG]
    7. Note Black (metal) brace mounter to top of the throttle body. This must be removed to allow proper fitment of the SE Stage I kit.

[​IMG]
    8. In order to remove the mention bracket you'll want to raise your fuel tank. Remove rear tank bolts (1/2" socket). Raise seat approximately 2"

[​IMG]
    9. Difficult to see, but I am using a 90 degree 3/16" Allen wrench to loosen/remove the bolts holding the bracket in place.

[​IMG]
    10. Install SE backing plate per provided instructions.

[​IMG]
    11. Install SE Air Filter per provided instructions. Note: Still unsure if provided AF is supposed to be oiled or not; am awaiting word from Jamie@Fuelmoto.com

[​IMG]
    12. Install stock cover. Note: Remove the rubber gasket on the stock filter cover.

1 person likes this.
  2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Great post, thanks for taking the time to post it with the pics.

I have copied it into the self help area.

Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

In step #8, this should read...

"Raise seat approximately 2" but don't lift tank too much as the fuel line connection can be broken"

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  3. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran Member

Step 11 - Note: Filter is pre-oiled. Service every 5000 miles sing K&N kit

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Usually when you see the red color on the filter that is the K&N oil that makes it red. The washable ones in the stage one from HD are white paper, they don't get oiled.

5. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

Step 1 the 8MM hex bolt can use a 5/16" hex wrench. Just in case you don't have any MM hex wrenches.

6. AliveAgain

AliveAgain Member

I went one further and removed the sticker on the air filter cover. Nice pictures!