SE Stage 1 air filter ??

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by RetNYPD, Oct 28, 2009.

1. RetNYPD

RetNYPD Member

Greetings all,
    I tried a search for my question with no joy. I got the V & H Long Shots, FuelPak and SE Stage 1 air filter installed by the dealer when I bought my Harley. I didn't receive any paperwork related to the filter (or the fuelpak for that matter). I just want to know what the service intervals for the air filter are. Once a year, after a certain amount of miles? I know that the SE doesn't get oiled like the K & Ns. It just gets washed. How often?
    TIA for any help you can provide.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Tom

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Like Hobbit said, depends on how many miles you go. I generally made it a rule to clean it at oil changes (K&N). Maybe a bit often but the color of the filter can decide.

3. gmurdock

gmurdock Active Member

I check mine either every 3000 miles or 3 months. Usually it is 3000 miles when I change my oil. I would clean it at that time. JMO

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

I didn't get any info with mine either. What are you suppose to use to clean the SE air filter? Just soap and water??

5. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

I use the K&N airfilter cleaner, clean it every service interval. DO NOT oil it.

6. Trek

Trek Junior Member

What's the difference between the SE air filter and the K&N?

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

The SE is a paper filter and the K&N is a gauze type filter. Both are cleanable but only the K&N gets oiled.

8. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Thank you. Is either one better than the other?

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

I prefer the K&N

10. johnv50

johnv50 Member

I have the Ness big sucker, is that paper or Gauze ??

thanks johnv