free website stats program SE slipons vs Power Duals and Monster Ovals | Harley Davidson Forums

SE slipons vs Power Duals and Monster Ovals

trapman

Banned
I have an 09 Road King Classic and Screaming Eagle slip ons. I was wondering if anyone had went from that to V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals.
I would like a little more sound but don't want to drown out my kuryarken speakers.

Is anyone running this setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
The monster ovals have a great sound out of my stock headers, dont think it would be much different with the V&H headers. DYNO runs did show me that the V&H headers were worht the extra $ one a stock top end. The MO's bark when you get on it, much are very mellow at crusing speeds so you can hear your radio.

Thank you for the information. I spoke with the people at fuel moto and they told me that the power duals did not make a difference on their dyno either. I appreciate the information on the sound and that I could hear the radio. I liked the sound at the V&H trailer with the power duals but don't think I want to spend the money for them if there is no gain in HP until I go for a big bore kit and cams.

I just had Monster Ovals and True Duals fitted + V&H Fuel Pack on my '07 Road King Classic and I am really happy with both the sound and performance. Just heard today that V&H are discontinuing the Monster Ovals and they are being offered out at good prices (by UK standards that is) Just curious why they would discontinue a product which hasn't been on the market for very long, would anyone know?

I just had Monster Ovals and True Duals fitted + V&H Fuel Pack on my '07 Road King Classic and I am really happy with both the sound and performance. Just heard today that V&H are discontinuing the Monster Ovals and they are being offered out at good prices (by UK standards that is) Just curious why they would discontinue a product which hasn't been on the market for very long, would anyone know?

Where did you hear they were being discontinued? I would love to get a pair at a lower price.

Where did you hear they were being discontinued? I would love to get a pair at a lower price.

Jody, I heard this from a local re-seller here in the UK, normal retail price for the MO Slip-ons in Pounds Sterling is £884.00 and are being offered out at £525.00 and is most likely still expensive when compared to the American market which, is a far larger consumer market. The pipes are a good choice, but the look may not be what everyone would choose due to the actual size but I like them :D Cheers David.

I think they look cool being as wide as the bags, 884 Pounds, isnt that like $1400 right now? Thats horrible, we can get them for less then $800.

Back