free website stats program SE slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE slip ons

Yes but it will effect your torque without them .the engine needs some backpressure to perform well at lower than wot.remove the baffles and open up the pipe about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch.where it is crimped by the factory.it will produce more torque over more rpms and be louder

can this be done with a set of rush slip ons

The 2 screws holding the end cap on threaded thru the outer cover and into the baffle. I cant find any other screws or holes...

Check out big city thunder for some replacement baffles if you want more noise

There are inexpensive baffles that you can get for your pipes...measure the inner diameter of your pipe (should be in about 4-6" from the end typically) and held in by the 2 screws. :s

I found a pair of baffles for $12 if memory serves at Drag Specialties to fit my pipes...so good deals are out there (the parts guy could not believe the price when I ordered them at the HD dealer). :D

As for the sound, the deep potato sound is still there, but the high pitched metallic ring is gone as well as the glass rattling at our office when I pull in to park (so the girl in the front office says anyway)!
I also set of 1 alarm on my way to work instead of 4 or 5!! :lero

You can also try Fulsac Baffels, they make a couple of different dia. for the SE muffs. I think they run about $175/set.

I instaled the BCT baffels and man what a sound. I got the QQ(quiet) ones. I rode the bike with the open pipes and it ran good but had very bad decel pop. With the baffels it sounds great and the decel pop is all but gone. It seams to take a little longer for the bike to warm up but runs great. I had replaced the Y pipe a few months ago and that side was too small for the baffel to slip in. I took it off and went to a muffler shop where they opened up the pipe to accept the baffle. I left the original mufflers out and just left the outer chrome S/E pipes and used stainless button head bolts, lock washers and nuts to put the end caps back on. Very happy!!!!

Outstanding!! I knew you would pleased. I got compliments on the way my bike sounds and nobody believes its the SE mufflers:D

Back