free website stats program SE slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

SE slip ons

hawkeye01

This may sound dumb!!! I have SE slip ons and I took off one of the end caps and the inside of the muffler slipped out. I guess this is the baffle. I cant see through it. Can this be replaced with a different one? I would like a little louder sound. Can I run the bike without these???

It is probably not a good idea to run with out baffle due to loss of back pressure. Check to see if any attaching bolts are missing that was holding baffle in and not just the end cap.

The 2 screws holding the end cap on threaded thru the outer cover and into the baffle. I cant find any other screws or holes...

Depending on how loud you want it, you can get the header baffles from BCT and remove the regular baffles. This will give the proper amt of back pressure and the sound is a nice loud deep rumble. This is the set up that I have with the SE slip ons.:D:D

Check out big city thunder for some replacement baffles if you want more noise

can these be done with a new 2010 RDking, with rush slip ons?
i know the 2010's have the cat, which muffles, and i will eventually put on new headers, but if i could get more noise, which big city baffles that would be great.

can these be done with a new 2010 RDking, with rush slip ons?
i know the 2010's have the cat, which muffles, and i will eventually put on new headers, but if i could get more noise, which big city baffles that would be great.

They claim to have baffles for any pipes check them out they sound awesome:s

What came out of mine are 3-1/4" in diameter and 24" long...I did not see anything on the BCT web site close to that size...

Yes but it will effect your torque without them .the engine needs some backpressure to perform well at lower than wot.remove the baffles and open up the pipe about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch.where it is crimped by the factory.it will produce more torque over more rpms and be louder

Back