free website stats program SE Slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Slip ons

As a newbie, I am begging you not to get loud pipes. It's bad for all of us. It annoys people, and the studies have shown conclusively that they are NOT safer. Please. Do us all a favor. Save your money, and don't get louder.

And Hob has the poof button too...:D

Poof12345.jpg

I previously had a set of Vance&Hines ovals on my 2008 Electraglide but did not care for the sound as it was sort of harsh and "tinny" at certain rpm's.

Recently installed a set of the Screamin Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons. They sound fantastic. Nice mellow rumble at idle and cruise. Nice bark when you jump on the throttle.

I believe they are only listed for 2010 and up as those bikes have the cats so Fatshotz would be much quieter on those models.

They fit earlier models like my 2008 model and with the open head pipes, they have a nice deep rumble similar to the old Screamin Eagle pipes I had back in the day on my 2000 Electraglide.

Very happy with the Fatshotz pipes and would recommend checking them out.

It would help others if you posted part numbers. There are more than one SE slipons.

Sorry for the lack of information.

I installed the 64985-07a slip on mufflers. They are for an 07 and fit with no problems. These are catalyst free. It is my understanding that my 2006 came with only one cat and it was located in the right muffler and can be easily seen once the muffler is removed.

As a newbie, I am begging you not to get loud pipes. It's bad for all of us. It annoys people, and the studies have shown conclusively that they are NOT safer. Please. Do us all a favor. Save your money, and don't get louder.

I did not want them loud, just a tad louder and better flow than stock.I did not want them to sound like they had pnuemonia. I bought some brand new SE slip ons on ebay for $200, so I did not kill myself. They are beautiful though.

66012-0A & 66077-06A are the part nos. I hope they dont have cats in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess I kinda got ripped didnt I? Would anybody in their right mind want to buy some with cats in them, knowing it?

Put a set of SE slip ons on my wifes 2010 sesg,and she hated them because they were too quiet,so I put a set of V&H dresser dual head pipes on it and the difference was incredible.The cat is so restrictive that the slip ons didnt get much exhaust pressure.Now the bike barks like (EDITED).sounds like shes got thunderheaders.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Back