free website stats program SE pro super tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

SE pro super tuner

Veep

Does anyone know how to reset a Screaming Eagle pro super tuner. I purchased one on Ebay and , even though the seller guaranteed that it was never used, it shows up on my computer as being paired with a different ECM. I have read posts in the past on how to do it, but can't seem to find any now. I was trying to flash a stage I map to my 2007 Electra Glide Classic after removing the PC III and discovered the error. The bike does, however run better with the PC III removed and the O2 sensors hooked up. Also, with nothing more than SE slip-ons, SE air cleaner, and cool weather, how critical is it to flash the new map. It may take a week or two to get a new SERT and don't want to either reinstall the PC III or leave my baby parked. The bike runs good as is so I am only concerned with possible damage to the motor.

Does anyone know how to reset a Screaming Eagle pro super tuner. I purchased one on Ebay and , even though the seller guaranteed that it was never used, it shows up on my computer as being paired with a different ECM. I have read posts in the past on how to do it, but can't seem to find any now. I was trying to flash a stage I map to my 2007 Electra Glide Classic after removing the PC III and discovered the error. The bike does, however run better with the PC III removed and the O2 sensors hooked up. Also, with nothing more than SE slip-ons, SE air cleaner, and cool weather, how critical is it to flash the new map. It may take a week or two to get a new SERT and don't want to either reinstall the PC III or leave my baby parked. The bike runs good as is so I am only concerned with possible damage to the motor.

As far as I know once it's paired to an ecm that's it! There have been several attempts to unlock the tuners all with no success. :(

Chopper had a post once, it marries to the bike it was hooked up to so I guess the answer is no

I don't know of, or have heard of any way to un-marry the Dongle from the 1st ECM. I can Only speak for myself. My 2009 was incredibly lean from the factory. The front cylinder cooks.

I actually use a SEST with my own custom maps, but if you want to know the truth, I would just install a TFI and be done with it. Their Fast, They Work, it's Done.

I don't know of, or have heard of any way to un-marry the Dongle from the 1st ECM. I can Only speak for myself. My 2009 was incredibly lean from the factory. The front cylinder cooks.

I actually use a SEST with my own custom maps, but if you want to know the truth, I would just install a TFI and be done with it. Their Fast, They Work, it's Done.

Hoople, do you first uninstall the SERT, then install the TFI? I believe mine is running lean and wondering if the dealer can tweak it w/o running it through the dyno. I hope not.

I worked at a Harley dealer and when a customer would purchase a H.D tuner we would strongly caution the customer to never loose, damage, or try to use for another bike because it is married to ecm and vin. If any of the above happened and tuner was damaged a new tuner will need to be purchased. Sooo marring tuner to bike using Digitech (H.D. computer) I can not see how it could be unmarried with any outside computer.

Hoople, do you first uninstall the SERT, then install the TFI? I believe mine is running lean and wondering if the dealer can tweak it w/o running it through the dyno. I hope not.

You actually can not go back to the factory stock tune yourself. If you purchase a brand new bike and a Brand new SEST you can not copy the tune that is in the ECM from the factory. You can install a Stage 1 tune (which is not much more than a stock tune) and install that along with a TFI.

Trust me,,, there is not much to a SE stage 1 tune. They are still too lean. If I told you what exactly makes them up and what has to be done to them, you would not believe it.

You can stack a Stage 1 SE tune that comes with the kit, with a TFI and you would not be overdoing it. Back of a notch on the pots and you will be good to go.

Back