free website stats program SE or Arlen Ness Stage 1 ??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE or Arlen Ness Stage 1 ???

Have you heard anything about the RideMax tuner? The one for the 09's is supposed to be out in February, kind of like the idea of being able to change from power to economy maps on the fly. Wireless too!

I read about it, but with the T-Max you can set it to have both at the same time. you can adjust the AFR at 32 throttle position for every 256 rpm's . That translates into being able to set for power when you get on it and economy when your cruising down the road.

that's why I bought the thundermax with autoune. NO Dyno needed but if ya really wanted to you could. :newsmile093:

Yeah exactly, the Thundermax with autotune is awesome! However, I haven't heard jack about when they plan to come out with the 2009 model, so I am going to go with the Power Commander V w/ autotune, as of right now that is. That ridetuner seems cool although wireless technology "bluetooth enabled" i dunno. Maybe I'll answer my cell and the bike will be on the other end.

Thanks guys, now I have so many choices I'm really confused, but what fun would life be without choices. I'll let you know the outcome

Regarding SE air cleaner install on 09 touring bikes.
Nobody ever mentions that you have to take the tank off to remove a bracket that holds the original aircleaner. If you can do basic mechanic work like oil changes, adding on do dads and gee gaws, then this is no hill for a high stepper. If you are adverse to those things mentioned, best to have the dealer do it. First thing is to remove the seat. You will need two or three different sockets with a 3/8" drive to complete this job. If your particular model has a tank console you will remove it. There is one bolt holding the rear of the console on and one torx screw holding the front of the console on. Then there are two bolts on the front/bottom of the tank to remove and two on the rear of the tank to remove. With that done, carefully lift the tank and set it on the rear fender (on a blanket or something). With that done you can easily see the two bolts that hold the stock air cleaner bracket on. Remove the bracket and discard it. Then bolt up the new SE air cleaner. Instructions are included in the box. Elapsed time the first time done, maybe an hour. After you do it once, 15 minutes.
Oh, I forgot to mention that you will need to disconnect the fuel line from the tank before you pull it off. This is remarkably easy. Before you start working pull the fuse out (on the left side fuse box) that controls the fuel pump. It is easy to see which one as they are all marked. Once the fuse is out start the bike and run until it runs out of fuel. It will starve after 4-5 seconds of running. Now turn off ignition switch. This removes any fuel and pressure that was in the fuel line so it does not spray you when you disconnect it. Right where the fuel line connects to the bottom of the tank you would push/slide that round chrome piece upward and the bottom fuel line will slip off and there will be no leaking of fuel so you don't have to siphon out your tank. I would try and do this when the tank was only partially full because when you pick it up to move it, it can be heavy with 6 gallons of gas in it. After running it out of fuel, put the 15 amp fuel pump fuse back in and then pull the big 40 amp main fuse out of the fuse block until you are finished working, just to be safe.

Last edited:
The old style SE kit was not as good as the ANBS by a long way. Now however there isnt much to choose between them. I have had 3 ANBS on different bikes, its what I have on my current RK and I think it still has the edge.

Back