free website stats program SE Heavy Breather | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Heavy Breather

RayA.

I want to install a heavy breather on my 2008 FXDL. I asked the dealer where I bought the bike and I was told I don't need to install anything else like a power commnader. He said the bike will adjust itself. When I called another dealer and asked the same question he said I would need a power commander or a race tuner. I don't know who to believe. What do I do? ?The dealer where I bought the bike said it wouldn't do any harm to the motor but I read that it could. I also would like to change the exhaust in the future, I am running slip-ons right now.

I want to install a heavy breather on my 2008 FXDL. I asked the dealer where I bought the bike and I was told I don't need to install anything else like a power commnader. He said the bike will adjust itself. When I called another dealer and asked the same question he said I would need a power commander or a race tuner. I don't know who to believe. What do I do? ?The dealer where I bought the bike said it wouldn't do any harm to the motor but I read that it could. I also would like to change the exhaust in the future, I am running slip-ons right now.

When you say slip-ons, are these the original cans or had you or someone already up-graded them? If so, when you change the intake side to a freer breather, you will have to add more fuel. The ECU will not adjust that much to compensate for this much change. If you have not had the cans up-graded, you may be able to get away with the breather without needing a fueler. But if your plans are to change the cans at some point anyway, then you might consider a fueler when you do the breather. Check this out:

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I bought the bike new, all they did was put me on Rush slip-on's. If I can get away with putting on the heavy breather without adding anything else, I would like to do that. I plan on putting on something like Vanes and Hines double barrels next spring when I have the money. Would there fuel pak be good with that?

Echo what Hobbit said. Since you have up-graded the slip-ons (Rush), when you add the heavy breather you will need a fueler. Lots of us here have had good success with the TFI since it is plug, set and play, and user friendly enough for practically anyone to install and operate. HDT members get a $10 discount and free shipping when ordering it (and mentioning the site membership!!).

TQ

Notice how the TFI gets plugged here a lot? Know why? Because it works!
Big Bang! Big smile! Few bucks.

ride safe

Back