free website stats program SE Exhaust Differences? | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Exhaust Differences?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Contemplating doing a "poor man's" Stage I and sticking with the HD Screamin' Eagle air cleaner and pipes. Not really a fan of loud pipes so I'm mainly looking to richen up the engine a bit and remove the airflow restrictions in place on a stock bike. I like the sound of V&H Monsters and everyone likes Rinehart's but they're both about twice as much as the SE pipes. Maybe someday down the road.

Anyway, messing around on the HD Parts and Accessories site and I've come across two SE Street Performance listings:

1. Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Touring Mufflers MSRP $390 P/N 64985-07A

Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Touring Mufflers | Harley-Davidson USA

2. Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers - One Piece - Slash Down MSRP $370 P/N 80491-07

Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Slip-On Mufflers - One Piece - Slash Down | Harley-Davidson USA

The first one is more expensive and requires you to purchase end caps separately. The second one specifically says it's a Slip On.

Can anyone explain to me what the difference is between these two systems and any comments or experience with either of them?

dr. i have seen v/h m/ovels on ebay for 450..not far off of s/e price....i guess 1 u can change baffles & caps for a different look...

dr. i have seen v/h m/ovels on ebay for 450..not far off of s/e price....i guess 1 u can change baffles & caps for a different look...

Just did a quick check and nothing new and chrome below $560 or so. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

Hi Dr.D.; By the pic and description, I have the mufflers in #2 of your post. Mine are slash down, with removable baffles. They have a decent sound, more on the "conservative" side. I noticed that I had very little flow coming from my left muffler due to the design of the 90 degree header split of the rear cyl. I removed and cut off the baffle on the left pipe and put the end cap back in place. Now is's only a little louder, but the sound is more balanced, esp. at idle. My buddy has SE slip on's that look just like mine externally, but are not embossed and the baffles are not removeable. They have a large and small outlet in the end of each pipe, and have a really nice deep tone. I have got some good deals on slip ons off Craigslist. Your area should have a better selection on Craigslist than my area.

Thanks Breeze - did a Craig's List search and actually didn't see much that caught my eye. Summer - everyone's riding instead of selling!

Watching a couple items on Ebay though that could really save me some money if they pan out!

Like Breeze3at said they are a little conservative but have a nice low tone to me. Removable baffles make them tunable. I have to turn the stereo up for my wife but she hasn't complained about too much noise....which is a good thing :D

i have the ones with the changable end caps u hear them a little while on the wrist but not that bad alot more mellow than everyone i ride with vances ,short headers etc. dont like to draw that much attention to myself i like them

Back