free website stats program SE Compensator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Compensator

Mine had all the symptoms mentioned above. I put in the SE comp and it's much better. The stock compensator that came out looked fine. It's just a lousy component. The SE comp took away most of the noises associated with the original comp. The primary seems much tighter and quieter.

I was going to do the install myself but my dealer said he would do it for $100 labor plus parts. I said go for it. The SE compensator requires some grinding of the case to install or you can remove the inner primary. I believe all 2011+ touring bikes come with the SE comp stock.

I would definitely recommend doing it.

I wonder if I am having the same problem. When you say bang noise does it seem like the starter kicks back? I don't know how to explain what mine does other than "when it's it hot" and I go to start it, it almost feels like the starter is slipping or disengaging and trying to engage again if that makes any sense. I have an early morning doctors appointment in the morning and then I am going to run by the dealer to see if it will act up. I do have the extended warranty so I hope that helps with the cost.

That is exactly what happens.

I have a 2011 Heritage and It always does It...How Much does it cost to have It replaced?????:D Thanks, Bob

The part is 250 bucks. Its easy to install, small amt of grinding the ridge at 5 o'clock in & bottom inner primary.

My stock compensator was so bad it cost more to repair it than replace it with the SE comp. All done under warrenty. Only had to pay $50.00 plus gaskets and oil. Sure glad I got the extended warrenty. That paid for it the first time in the shop for work done.

Go with the SE compensator sprocket, even with the lubrication issues it is still better then the stock compensator sprocket IMO.

Agreed!
On my '07 RK the stock compensator was fine, except for that loud startup bang, every single time. I installed the SE compensator and cured that issue. Bike is also just a touch smoother and quieter now. For me, money well spent. :)

Everyone keeps mentioning the bang on start up. This is definitely improved by switching to the SE compensator.

What pleasantly surprised me was the dramatic smoothing out of the bike's operation at very slow speeds, like parking lot maneuvering. This is a definite bonus to this upgrade!

Went by dealer yesterday and he agreed it's the compensator. All I have to do is pay the difference in price. Dropping bike off today. I'll report back after it's fixed to let everyone know the difference.

Went by dealer yesterday and he agreed it's the compensator. All I have to do is pay the difference in price. Dropping bike off today. I'll report back after it's fixed to let everyone know the difference.

You will be thrilled!

Back