free website stats program SE compensator | Harley Davidson Forums

SE compensator

leonard

Had a new se compensator put in last october. It started to make noise. Took it to the dealer they said it was just wearing in after 8500 miles. Brought it home and run about 300 more miles. Was changing oil and took off primary cover. The bolt was loose. Turned it right and it felt ok, turned it left and it just kept going. It went to the dealer yesterday morning on a trailer sent out by the dealer.

Another story about a dealer that probably just dusted the bike off when you brought it in to be checked.

and once again the moco doesn't care even though their name is on the sign out front. eventually, i'm sorry to say, someone will be seriously injured or killed because of incompetence. a real good attorney (like a flea bailey) will have a field day with h-d in a class action suit. disclaimer or not the moco is ultimately responsible as these people are acting as their "authorized agents". j.m.worthless.o.

Good luck leonard....maybe try to swing some service/parts/accessories out of the deal for your inconvenience - it's the "least" they could do.

and once again the moco doesn't care even though their name is on the sign out front. eventually, i'm sorry to say, someone will be seriously injured or killed because of incompetence. a real good attorney (like a flea bailey) will have a field day with h-d in a class action suit. disclaimer or not the moco is ultimately responsible as these people are acting as their "authorized agents". j.m.worthless.o.

When everyone is finished bad mouthing Harley dealers, ask who these people ( yes people) who make a huge investment and supply us with Bikes, parts, accessories and service are?

They are not MOCO, they are franchisees and not many bad ones survive.

Ever think why Harley is the oldest in the USA?

If any one thinks they are getting a raw deal buying a Harley, there other choices. Why complain?

I'm happy to have a Harley.:bigsmiley24:

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I'm happy to have a Harley too. I hate my dealer. Yes , there are lot of good ones out there. For every good one there is at least one bad. Lots of dealers are changing owners like there's no tomorrow.

Bodeen

Had a new se compensator put in last october. It started to make noise. Took it to the dealer they said it was just wearing in after 8500 miles. Brought it home and run about 300 more miles. Was changing oil and took off primary cover. The bolt was loose. Turned it right and it felt ok, turned it left and it just kept going. It went to the dealer yesterday morning on a trailer sent out by the dealer.

Leonard we can all bad mouth the dealers and truly bad ones should be listed in the Dealers I would Not Recommend. That being said the dealer did not install the SE Comp. but you can find out which tech did and make sure they don't get near your bike again. Let us know how the dealer/service department takes care of you, honest mistakes are made by some very good techs. JMHO

Back