free website stats program SE Compensator Sprocket | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Compensator Sprocket

eleft36, you need to read the entire post.
Just to add a little up-date.....I've put right at 1000 miles on my 07 FLHTC since installing the new compensator.
At this point, I consider it to be the best money I have spent on this bike. The preformance I noted in my initial observations remain the same....Starter bang is gone, much of the previously heard chattering and banging is gone, the overall ridability of the bike is greatly improved, and I am still smiling every time I throw a leg over.
If any of this changes, you all wil be the 1st to know.

gs34,

My concern is about the "slight rotation" phrase in on the instruction sheet.

"Rotate the compensating sprocket to make sure there is a light pressure on the sprocket from the springs. No clearance should be felt. A slight rotation should be possible by hand with the transmission in neutral."

Another is the error: "Items mentioned in text not included" They were included, so is the phrase in blue here also an error.

I'm smiling also, as you state it's quiet and shifts quiet and sounds smooth.

Al
Bud, Gett'er done....it's a real change.

I have the SE Big Twin Comp installed on my 103 and it is one of the best mods done on the bike. The driveline is smooth startup has improved no bang. Shifting is also better. The wimpy stock comp did not perform well for me as I get 107ft/lbs of tq at 2200 rpms for my off the line pulls.

From reading all of the positive posts about the SE Compensator it seems this will be my next upgrade.What function does it actually perform?Is it comparable to a harmonic balancer on a car?Don't mind me but I'm just curious and always like to know how things work.

This is the new setup...

Compensator Kit - Harley Davidson Community

This is how the compensator basically works...

Compensator Sprocket - Harley Davidson Community

Big Twin Compensator Kit

Big Twin Compensator Kit Link 2

Glider this pdf has flawed information:

1)this can not be done:"Rotate the compensating sprocket to make sure there is a light pressure on the sprocket from the springs. No clearance should be felt. A slight rotation should be possible by hand with the transmission in neutral."

2) Parts A & B are included and are much different than the original the instructions relate to.

That said, the kit is the greatest improvement any one can make.

Al

Thanks to both of you!!! One more thing while I'm thinking of it...Do the new 2009's come equipped with the upgraded compensator?

Last edited:
Back