free website stats program Se Compensator Rotor Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Se Compensator Rotor Question

Good thread guy's! Keep us posted on the findings....

Back to square one...I know it is a different part number, we already know that. The only difference is the "A". I am hoping it means a supplier change and not a change in the rotor. I wish I had both in front of me to see what the difference is.
The "A"just indicates a change in maybe the supplier or part but not enough that it won't work.
Wait long enough and it might have an "B", "C", "D". etc in the part number but all variations would fit.

Now if you haven't already upgraded to the 2nd generation compensator, then you will need the new rotor with the completely different PN.

If you have upgraded to version two, you are safe and the rotor can be re-used.
Otherwise you'll need the new part and have spend the $100 plus dollars on a new rotor.

Ok I finally have some answers. If you have the old version compensator with rotor 30041-08 and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest compensator, you can just purchase compensator 42200064 which does not come with the rotor but says you need 30041-08A. Harley told me that the specs on these rotors are identical and the "A" was probably a supplier change. I also went to the dealer and they have in stock compensator 40100061 which is the one that comes with rotor 30041-08A. I brought my rotor 30041-08 there and compared the two and the measurements are the same...mine actually looked nicer. Hope that all makes sense.

Ok I finally have some answers. If you have the old version compensator with rotor 30041-08 and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest compensator, you can just purchase compensator 42200064 which does not come with the rotor but says you need 30041-08A. Harley told me that the specs on these rotors are identical and the "A" was probably a supplier change. I also went to the dealer and they have in stock compensator 40100061 which is the one that comes with rotor 30041-08A. I brought my rotor 30041-08 there and compared the two and the measurements are the same...mine actually looked nicer. Hope that all makes sense.

:s Thanks for the info:s Too bad HD is not more clear on what fits what like they used to be, in fact Easyriders used to publish paper backs called what fits what hmmmmmmm what a great idea eh

Back