free website stats program Se Compensator Rotor Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Se Compensator Rotor Question

oiler

A few years ago I installed the 2nd version of the SE Compensator(40274-08A) on my 09 SG. I now want to install the latest version(42200064). This is the one that does not come with the rotor. It says you need to purchase rotor 30041-08A. My 2nd version compensator has rotor 30041-08. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the two rotors. I don't want to purchase SE Compensator 40100061 which comes with the rotor if I don't have to.

I believe that you already have the correct rotor (although I admit I don't know the revision difference). The only reason you have to upgrade rotors from the earlier models is because the spring cup was mounted on the outside of the rotor (facing out towards the comp). To use the SE comp, you need a rotor that is smooth on the outside (no spring cup) because the SE comp comes with a series of larger springs that sit freely outside of the rotor. I would double-check this with your local dealer though. I've been wrong at least 8 times just this morning, and this could be number 9...

I believe that you already have the correct rotor (although I admit I don't know the revision difference). The only reason you have to upgrade rotors from the earlier models is because the spring cup was mounted on the outside of the rotor (facing out towards the comp). To use the SE comp, you need a rotor that is smooth on the outside (no spring cup) because the SE comp comes with a series of larger springs that sit freely outside of the rotor. I would double-check this with your local dealer though. I've been wrong at least 8 times just this morning, and this could be number 9...

Thanks I will check. I will call Harley on Mon and get the answer from someone in tech...don't trust dealerships. I don't want the answer coming from some kid in the parts dept.

P/N 40356-07 is the rotor that has the spring pack welded to it, came out on the 06 Dyna then the other models in 07

P/N 30041-08 is the rotor that is used with the 2 shims, it came into use on the 2010 models after having been introduced earlier on the CVOs.

P/N 30041-08A does not require the shims.

P/N 40356-07 is the rotor that has the spring pack welded to it, came out on the 06 Dyna then the other models in 07

P/N 30041-08 is the rotor that is used with the 2 shims, it came into use on the 2010 models after having been introduced earlier on the CVOs.

P/N 30041-08A does not require the shims.

Then why does the instructions for SE Compensator 42200064(the one without the rotor) shows to use the 2 shims and rotor 30041-08A?

Take a look http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-content/service/isheets/-J05674.PDF

Looks to be a big change in 2014-15 the rotors, stators are different along with that this was geared up for ALL 15 models, the shims on the alternator take up for over all stacked height being slightly different on the older compensator

Back