free website stats program SE compensator problems | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE compensator problems

Doc, like you I'm going to continue to ride and enjoy my bike. I've got a new compensator on the way and will put the grooves in and forget about it till I hear some weird noises. And like you Craig, I'll be watching to see how Harley fixes this glitch. This minor problem won't get me off my Harley.

EVEN THOUGH I KNOW the Parts Manager at Destination HD, He didn't like to take part in MY conversation about the SE Comp. problem that can,,,,,,CAN,,,,,
become a WEAR problem, Down the road...

He said IT wasn't HIS JOB to tell the customers about Problems that HD didn't tell him to TELL....

""(my words from HIS conversation with me)""

He IS right, It Isn't HIS job... BUT I"D RATHER have a parts man KNOWLEDGEABLE enough to at least think about Giving ME heads up about such...

I told him about the Fretting in the new SE and that HD's Formal + was the lube recommended.... Lube Recommended was all he was interested in..

I figure IF I were to buy a SE comp.... I would do the Grooving on the backside of the new comp. and use the Formal+ like others have suggested to use..
BUT NOT BUY ANY MORE PARTS FROM THAT DEALER.(.) FRIENDLY or NOT Here I'm GONE.

I brought this forward again to express my Finds and for others to Head the warnings..

MEMBER and fellow Riders:::::
Make Up Your OWN minds about this "SKY is Falling" :wall and do it Your WAY.(.)

signed....BUBBIE

Back